last steps in deployment..

sergio_101-2
i am ALMOST there..

i am reading the tutorial for deployment, and i have a few issues..
from the document:

-- Edit the configuration of the Pier application located in the
/seaside/config:
Set the Server Hostname to: http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com

this seems to be missing from my config

-- Set the Deployment Mode to true - this, too... where would i find this?

also, my /config is totally available to anyone who visits the site..
i changed it to authconfiguration, thinking that it would ask for
authentication before letting anyone in..

unfortunately, it does, but the u/p i set up as a login don't work...
where does this get handled?

thanks!

--
----
peace,

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: last steps in deployment..

Lukas Renggli
Sounds like you are using Seaside 3.0 together with instructions for
Seaside 2.8.

Check out the Seaside book: http://book.seaside.st/book/advanced/deployment

Lukas

On 23 November 2010 12:04, sergio_101 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i am ALMOST there..
>
> i am reading the tutorial for deployment, and i have a few issues..
> from the document:
>
> -- Edit the configuration of the Pier application located in the
> /seaside/config:
> Set the Server Hostname to: http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com
>
> this seems to be missing from my config
>
> -- Set the Deployment Mode to true - this, too... where would i find this?
>
> also, my /config is totally available to anyone who visits the site..
> i changed it to authconfiguration, thinking that it would ask for
> authentication before letting anyone in..
>
> unfortunately, it does, but the u/p i set up as a login don't work...
> where does this get handled?
>
> thanks!
>
> --
> ----
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
>
> http://www.CodingForHire.com
> http://www.coffee-black.com
> http://www.painlessfrugality.com
> http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
> http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: last steps in deployment..

sergio_101-2
On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sounds like you are using Seaside 3.0 together with instructions for
> Seaside 2.8.

ah! okay.. let me look at that.. i am getting the instructions from here:

http://www.piercms.com/doc/deploy?_s=TA2fu0VolmUedYIO&_k=lLPxhdcH&_n&23

--
----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: last steps in deployment..

Lukas Renggli
Thank you for reporting this, I've created an issue:
http://code.google.com/p/pier/issues/detail?id=125

Lukas

On 23 November 2010 12:15, sergio_101 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Sounds like you are using Seaside 3.0 together with instructions for
>> Seaside 2.8.
>>

> ah! okay.. let me look at that.. i am getting the instructions from here:
>
> http://www.piercms.com/doc/deploy?_s=TA2fu0VolmUedYIO&_k=lLPxhdcH&_n&23
>

> --
> ----
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
>
> http://www.CodingForHire.com
> http://www.coffee-black.com
> http://www.painlessfrugality.com
> http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
> http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: last steps in deployment..

sergio_101-2
> Thank you for reporting this, I've created an issue:
> http://code.google.com/p/pier/issues/detail?id=125

let me know if you need any help in documenting these things.. ie
writing new documentation.. i would be glad to help..

another issue:

following here:

http://book.seaside.st/book/advanced/deployment/deployment-preparing?_s=g_M59XlQFbMOPKVN&_k=eWi3ZH4i&_n&14

when i add WAAuthConfiguration, i IMMEDIATELY get an http login.. and
no usernames or passwords work.. this is for the whole site.. i get
entirely locked out of my site..

ideas?

--
----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: last steps in deployment..

Yanni Chiu
On 23/11/10 10:15 AM, sergio_101 wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Lukas Renggli<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Sounds like you are using Seaside 3.0 together with instructions for
>> Seaside 2.8.
>>

> ah! okay.. let me look at that.. i am getting the instructions from here:

Here's some code I quickly cut out of my code base - released under MIT
license, etc. I'd been wanting to package it better.

The methods are on the class side. The code in the "build-core" category
is called by my build script. After the image is built by the build
script, I start the image and use a browser to run the code in the
"build-customize" category. I edit the code in the message comment (i.e.
change password and domain name) then run "doIt".

It's probably better to run the "build-customize" code before you upload
the image to the server. But if you must do it after, remember that you
can use a startup script to do minor tweaks to the image. I've used the
startup script sometimes to restart Seaside on a different portno, so I
could access the vnc controller via Seaside, to start the VNC Server.
Then with VNC running, I did further image adjustments.

--
Yanni Chiu

ZZInstallUtility.st (4K) Download Attachment