lastKeystroke: ???

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

apparently typing a character on the world -> DNU
  lastKeystroke: from PasteUpMorph is not there.
Apparently the senders was integrated by me on 26 of October but I
could not find its trace.
So does anybody know from where this bug is coming?

PasteUpMorph-#event handling.st (688 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: lastKeystroke: ???

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks
this is probably that!

Stef

On Nov 2, 2009, at 11:16 PM, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:

> Hi Stef, maybe they were removed cleaning eToys, because the methods
> #lastKeystroke and #lastKeystroke: were under *etoys-e-toy support
> method category. I've attached both under 'event handling' category
> now.
> Cheers,
>
> Hernán
>
> 2009/11/1 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> Hi guys
>
> apparently typing a character on the world -> DNU
>  lastKeystroke: from PasteUpMorph is not there.
> Apparently the senders was integrated by me on 26 of October but I
> could not find its trace.
> So does anybody know from where this bug is coming?
>
> Stef

Re: lastKeystroke: ???

Igor Stasenko
Just checked..
there is senders of #lastKeyStroke: in my Pharo image,
but no senders of #lastKeyStroke , to retreive it..
Which means that both these accessors can be just wiped out

2009/11/3 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks
> this is probably that!
>
> Stef
>
> On Nov 2, 2009, at 11:16 PM, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:
>
>> Hi Stef, maybe they were removed cleaning eToys, because the methods
>> #lastKeystroke and #lastKeystroke: were under *etoys-e-toy support
>> method category. I've attached both under 'event handling' category
>> now.
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Hernán
>>
>> 2009/11/1 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> apparently typing a character on the world -> DNU
>>  lastKeystroke: from PasteUpMorph is not there.
>> Apparently the senders was integrated by me on 26 of October but I
>> could not find its trace.
>> So does anybody know from where this bug is coming?
>>
>> Stef

>> [hidden email]

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: lastKeystroke: ???

Stéphane Ducasse
strange I do not have the bug anymore.
Thanks anyway.

Stef

On Nov 3, 2009, at 5:07 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> Just checked..
> there is senders of #lastKeyStroke: in my Pharo image,
> but no senders of #lastKeyStroke , to retreive it..
> Which means that both these accessors can be just wiped out
>
> 2009/11/3 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>> Thanks
>> this is probably that!
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Nov 2, 2009, at 11:16 PM, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Stef, maybe they were removed cleaning eToys, because the methods
>>> #lastKeystroke and #lastKeystroke: were under *etoys-e-toy support
>>> method category. I've attached both under 'event handling' category
>>> now.
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Hernán
>>>
>>> 2009/11/1 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
>>> Hi guys
>>>
>>> apparently typing a character on the world -> DNU
>>>  lastKeystroke: from PasteUpMorph is not there.
>>> Apparently the senders was integrated by me on 26 of October but I
>>> could not find its trace.
>>> So does anybody know from where this bug is coming?
>>>
>>> Stef

>>> [hidden email]

> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: lastKeystroke: ???

hernanmd

In 1.1a #11035 this bug remains. I've attached a version of #keystrokeInWorld which does not need the accessor or mutator.

This is the original release note:

Change Set:        keyboardEvents-nk
Date:            13 October 2004
Author:            Ned Konz

Adds a String property #lastKeystroke to the World. This is set when
unhandled keyboard events are received.
Adds an event trigger 'keyStroke' to the World.
So you can trigger scripts on the World using the 'keyStroke' event and
in them read the lastKeystroke property.

Regards,

Hernán

2009/11/4 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
strange I do not have the bug anymore.
Thanks anyway.

Stef

On Nov 3, 2009, at 5:07 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> Just checked..
> there is senders of #lastKeyStroke: in my Pharo image,
> but no senders of #lastKeyStroke , to retreive it..
> Which means that both these accessors can be just wiped out
>
> 2009/11/3 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>> Thanks
>> this is probably that!
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Nov 2, 2009, at 11:16 PM, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Stef, maybe they were removed cleaning eToys, because the methods
>>> #lastKeystroke and #lastKeystroke: were under *etoys-e-toy support
>>> method category. I've attached both under 'event handling' category
>>> now.
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Hernán
>>>
>>> 2009/11/1 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
>>> Hi guys
>>>
>>> apparently typing a character on the world -> DNU
>>>  lastKeystroke: from PasteUpMorph is not there.
>>> Apparently the senders was integrated by me on 26 of October but I
>>> could not find its trace.
>>> So does anybody know from where this bug is coming?
>>>
>>> Stef

>>> [hidden email]

> Best regards,
> Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

PasteUpMorph-keystrokeInWorld.st (1K) Download Attachment

Re: lastKeystroke: ???

Stéphane Ducasse
This is strange because I thought that it was removed. I will check
that.

Stef