latest GLASS errors

ccrraaiigg

Hi--

     I'm back to following Nick's EC2 instructions. Current error:

***

 The stone was unable to start a cache page server on host '<stone's host>'.
Reason:  The cache monitor connect failed.
  Monitor process (2273) did not start.

Help:
  Operating system kernel configured for shared memory?
  Check SharedPageCache Monitor log file.
  Check SHR_PAGE_CACHE_NUM_PROCS in stone config file.
  Stale files in /opt/gemstone/locks/<stonename>*?
  ipcs - check for stale resources ?

An error occurred when initializing the shared cache

    Stone startup has failed.

***

     I'm sick to death of this. USD 100 to anyone who will just make it
work and tell me why it didn't before. I will provide a PEM file and EC2
IP name.

     thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume
+ 1 415  287 3547
+ 1 510  282 7468

Re: latest GLASS errors

James Foster-8
Craig,

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble. I certainly sense your frustration. Were you able to try the Mac install I suggested a while ago?

This particular error is almost always because the system kernel is not configured for shared memory. To confirm this we would want to see the SharedPageCache Monitor log (which should be in the same directory as the stone log, which should be indicated in the start stone output. You can also test the shared memory settings with the following:

    sysctl -a 2> /dev/null | grep kernel.shm

If you would like further help let me know…

James