latest filesystem is unloadable

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

The bleeding edge version of Filesystem is unloadable in Pharo 1.3 (see the attached debug log).

To test it, try:

Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'fs';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfFilesystem';
        load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfFilesystem) loadBleedingEdge

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

PharoDebug.log.zip (12K) Download Attachment

Re: [Pharo-project] latest filesystem is unloadable

Stéphane Ducasse
Why do you want to load the bleeding edge since 2.2.1 is fully tagged for reproduceability. I never used loadBleedingEdge and I did not garantee that it would work.

Stef

On Aug 15, 2011, at 11:31 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The bleeding edge version of Filesystem is unloadable in Pharo 1.3 (see the attached debug log).
>
> To test it, try:
>
> Gofer new
> squeaksource: 'fs';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfFilesystem';
> load.
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfFilesystem) loadBleedingEdge
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."
>

> <PharoDebug.log.zip>

Re: [Pharo-project] latest filesystem is unloadable

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Continuous integration is there to test continuously. I was not complaining :). I just reported this issue, especially given that it is a critical one (not being able to load the code). The problem appeared today, because yesterday it worked fine.

But, where is 2.2.1? I load the code from the Configuration from the official www.squeaksource.com/fs.html repository, and there the latest version is 2.0.2.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Live like you mean it."

Re: [Pharo-project] latest filesystem is unloadable

Stéphane Ducasse
Doru

We did a pass after the integration of FS in 1.4
Now somebody should update the configuration to reflect the changes made.
And also check the changes of Colin and get a working version back

Stef

On Aug 16, 2011, at 12:03 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Continuous integration is there to test continuously. I was not complaining :). I just reported this issue, especially given that it is a critical one (not being able to load the code). The problem appeared today, because yesterday it worked fine.
>
> But, where is 2.2.1? I load the code from the Configuration from the official www.squeaksource.com/fs.html repository, and there the latest version is 2.0.2.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 15 Aug 2011, at 23:52, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Why do you want to load the bleeding edge since 2.2.1 is fully tagged for reproduceability. I never used loadBleedingEdge and I did not garantee that it would work.
>>
>> Stef
>>

>> On Aug 15, 2011, at 11:31 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The bleeding edge version of Filesystem is unloadable in Pharo 1.3 (see the attached debug log).
>>>
>>> To test it, try:
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>> squeaksource: 'fs';
>>> package: 'ConfigurationOfFilesystem';
>>> load.
>>> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfFilesystem) loadBleedingEdge
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>>
>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."
>>>

>>> <PharoDebug.log.zip>
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Live like you mean it."

Re: [Pharo-project] latest filesystem is unloadable

sorry 2.0.1
Now what I want to say is that I make sure that 2.0.1 is working. Now I did not check the other files.
Camillo did a pass to clean a bit. For 1.4, I guess that we should integrate your changes in 1.4
Now I have no  idea what colin did and it this is this change that broke something.

BTW for Moose I would like to know if the latest version of RPackage is working. I got no news from my mail.