layout and other potential class-side variables

layout and other potential class-side variables

Peter Uhnak
So I accidentally assigned some content to 'layout' variable in class side and realized much later that it has overridden some Slot's FixedLayout.

Looking up the inheritance chain (Object & ProtoObject) I couldn't find anything so I don't know where is this coming from or how it is added there.

But most importantly: are there more variable names that I should be aware of that could get accidentally overridden?

Thanks,
Peter

Re: layout and other potential class-side variables

Nicolai Hess
So I accidentally assigned some content to 'layout' variable in class side and realized much later that it has overridden some Slot's FixedLayout.

Looking up the inheritance chain (Object & ProtoObject) I couldn't find anything so I don't know where is this coming from or how it is added there.

But most importantly: are there more variable names that I should be aware of that could get accidentally overridden?

Thanks,
Peter

Yes, that is a problem, and there is already an issue at fogbugz:

#layout should be renamed to e.g. #slotLayout
(actually, it is renamed to classLayout)

and there are other messages like #users for trait users
Replace users by traitUsers

Re: layout and other potential class-side variables

Peter Uhnak
Aha I wasn't aware of that,
thank you.

Peter