legacy smalltalk app, remote desktop services

legacy smalltalk app, remote desktop services

Victor GreenRay
Hello

I'm posting this here in hopes of a miracle.  I work for a company that has a legacy app written in smalltalk.  it works fine, but when running in Windows Remote Desktop Services RemoteApp, dialog boxes that popup, appear BEHIND the calling window.  This causes the user to have to slide the parent window over, which doing step after step would be tedious.

it maybe how the program was coded, or if there is some setting for the smalltalk runtime that perhaps could be adjusted.  the program is from around 2001...and trying to run on Windows 2012 - which it works fine on the console, but I think that running as a 'remoteapp' certain aspects of the windows shell are not loaded.

Victor.

Re: legacy smalltalk app, remote desktop services

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Victor,

I'm seeing this too.  On a program I run directly on windows 7 (VA Smalltalk v8.5.2) and on other programs that run in circumstances similar to yours build with v8.0.3.  I haven't had time to look into it but I do remember it working fine before.  My guess is something changed in windows and not VA but that is a guess.

I'm interested in a solution, so keep us informed with anything you learn.

Lou