libCurl - VASmalltalk/64 Windows

Marten Feldtmann-5
I published my playcode at vastgoodies - early code with EsEntryPoints. Example to download http-URL data ...

The code works only under Windows/64bit - and as I said: playcode ... nothing more.

You must download a prebuild libcurl distribution from https://skanthak.homepage.t-online.de/download/curl-7.56.0.cab and then extract the AMD64 files from that archive and put it in the bin directory of your VASmalltalk installation directory.

More information about libcurl can be found here: https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/

Re: libCurl - VASmalltalk/64 Windows

Seth Berman
Great work Marten,

I look forward to trying it:)

-- Seth

You must download a prebuild libcurl distribution from <a href="https://skanthak.homepage.t-online.de/download/curl-7.56.0.cab" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fskanthak.homepage.t-online.de%2Fdownload%2Fcurl-7.56.0.cab\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEVe3Z5V7bL4LtmBDRrJlb03zJ57Q&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fskanthak.homepage.t-online.de%2Fdownload%2Fcurl-7.56.0.cab\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNEVe3Z5V7bL4LtmBDRrJlb03zJ57Q&#39;;return true;">https://skanthak.homepage.t-online.de/download/curl-7.56.0.cab and then extract the AMD64 files from that archive and put it in the bin directory of your VASmalltalk installation directory.

More information about libcurl can be found here: <a href="https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fcurl.haxx.se%2Flibcurl%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGEn4b-nMmzf7B99MenzftD3sAWvA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fcurl.haxx.se%2Flibcurl%2F\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGEn4b-nMmzf7B99MenzftD3sAWvA&#39;;return true;">https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/

Re: libCurl - VASmalltalk/64 Windows

Marten Feldtmann-5
Quite a complicated topic - I updated the package at vastgoodies, because now I develop against a special distribution (including SSL) and it took some time to get the information, what is needed to make all files runnable and workable.

Download information for the libCurl used distribution is now in the config map comments/notes.

Re: libCurl - VASmalltalk/64 Windows

Marten Feldtmann-5
Current version at vastgoodies seems to be able to handle pop3-eMail sites - the problem is, what libCurl-options has to be set to get connection. So to summarize:

a) Download the version from vastgoodies.com. It will only work under VASmalltalk 9.0/64 bit, because I have not defined the 32bit PlatformFunctions - only focusing on the 64bit API.

b) Download a prebuild-curl distribution from "https://curl.haxx.se/download.html", On that page you sould download a WIN64 generic version from Viktor Szakáts (e.g.https://bintray.com/artifact/download/vszakats/generic/curl-7.56.1-win64-mingw.7z). This is the current curl version WITH SSH and SSL. From that distribution you extract the base library "libcurl-x64.dll"

c) You need two additional libraries from him: "libcrypto-1_1-x64.dll" and "libssl-1_1-x64.dll". These are part of OpenSSL - you can get a prebuild distribution from here: https://bintray.com/vszakats/generic/openssl. A suitable archiv is: https://bintray.com/vszakats/generic/download_file?file_path=openssl-1.1.0f-win64-mingw.7z.

d) Put all three files into the bin directory of your VA installation directory.

e) I started implementation by coding the so called "easy interface" of libCurl . Not all API calls are coded yet - but enough to play with it.

f) You find the code in the application MSKCurlInterface. The difficulty will be to understand how libCurl works :-)))

Look at MSKCurlHandle>>pop3GetFirstMessageExample how to retrieve the first message from a POP3 server. The code works for my own eMail provider and may not be working with other eMail provisder (the typical question: how to configure the login sequence).

Marten

Re: libCurl - VASmalltalk/64 Windows

Marten Feldtmann-5
Version 13 (available at vastgoodies) now has bindings for 32bit Windows (with cdecl call-back support)

Re: libCurl - VASmalltalk/64 Windows

Marten Feldtmann-5
For the 32bit version you need of course different low-level libraries - available from the same place - but different archives