libfreetype6 missing in the dependencies of ubuntu Pharo distribution

libfreetype6 missing in the dependencies of ubuntu Pharo distribution

Peter Uhnak
Hi,

I've just tried installing pharo from package manager on Elementary OS, which is a ubuntu derivative.

All went well, except fonts weren't working in 32 bit version, and I had to install by hand "libfreetype6:i386" ... is it missing in the dependencies?

Thanks,
Peter

Re: [Pharo-dev] libfreetype6 missing in the dependencies of ubuntu Pharo distribution

Peter Uhnak
Thanks :)
I was testing it on behalf of someone else, so no problems for me. :)

Cheers,
Peter

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 3:30 PM, Holger Freyther <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 27. Apr 2018, at 19:22, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've installed both ( apt install pharo6-32-ui pharo6-64-ui  ), but the font problem was present only for 32bit.
>
> Note that I was launching the VM packaged with ZeroConf installation, I've only used apt mainly to get all dependencies.
>
> Now I tried to also run "pharo6-32-ui Pharo.image" (and "pharo6-64-ui Pharo.image"),
> and in both cases I got errror
>
> "/usr/bin/pharo6-32-ui: line 6: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pharo6-vm/pharo: No such file or directory
>
> and
>
> "/usr/bin/pharo6-64-ui: line 6: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pharo6-vm/pharo: No such file or directory

What's missing is that pharo6-32-ui should depend on pharo6-32. And the later package has the dependency on libssl and libfreetype and provides the "pharo" binary.

thanks for pointing that out and sorry you had to experience it.