links to blog posts go directly to comments form

links to blog posts go directly to comments form

sergio_101-2
when i click on a link that goes directly to a blog entry, i end up
not at the blog page, but sitting in the author field of the comment
form..

i would like to end up at the top of the page..

any ideas?

thanks!

--
----
peace,

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: links to blog posts go directly to comments form

Lukas Renggli
Remove PRJavaScriptSupport from your Seaside libraries. It
automatically sets the focus to the first input field, what does not
really work in the context of the blog. This should be fixed.

Lukas

www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: links to blog posts go directly to comments form

sergio_101-2
> Remove PRJavaScriptSupport from your Seaside libraries. It
> automatically sets the focus to the first input field, what does not
> really work in the context of the blog. This should be fixed.

okay, i went into the config/files section, and i can see
PRJavascriptSupport, but there seems to be no way to delete that
library from the system.

i configured the library, and i see that there is a file called
pier.js attached to it, and i removed that..

but i am still having the issue where the page focuses on the author
of a new comment.

ideas?

thanks!

--
----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: links to blog posts go directly to comments form

sergio_101-2
scratch that, lukas..

i got it all handled..

thanks!

--
----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: links to blog posts go directly to comments form

John McKeon
I made a simple change to the javascript that fixes this.
The file out is attached.
John

http://john-mckeon.us

PRJavaScriptSupport-pierJs.st (910 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: links to blog posts go directly to comments form

Lukas Renggli
I included the change:

  Name: Pier-Seaside-lr.501
  Author: lr
  Time: 23 November 2010, 7:58:05 am
  UUID: 6643fdf7-dd07-48e7-b713-ac1a7b55c328
  Ancestors: Pier-Seaside-lr.500

  - do not set the focus automatically into comment field of blog
(thanks go to John McKeon)

This fixes the problem with the blog, but not if you have search field
at the top of your site yet.

Lukas

On 23 November 2010 00:17, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I made a simple change to the javascript that fixes this.
> The file out is attached.
> John
>
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 5:40 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Remove PRJavaScriptSupport from your Seaside libraries. It
>> automatically sets the focus to the first input field, what does not
>> really work in the context of the blog. This should be fixed.
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> On 22 November 2010 03:51, sergio_101 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > when i click on a link that goes directly to a blog entry, i end up
>> > not at the blog page, but sitting in the author field of the comment
>> > form..
>> >
>> > i would like to end up at the top of the page..
>> >
>> > any ideas?
>> >
>> > thanks!
>> >
>> > --
>> > ----