linux equivalent to monticello metacello...

linux equivalent to monticello metacello...

Stéphane Ducasse

for the chapter on metacello I would like to have a table showing the equivalent between
linux tools (if this is true)

        apt-get... and monticello/metacello

can somebody point me to that ?

Re: linux equivalent to monticello metacello...

Geoffroy Couprie
On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> for the chapter on metacello I would like to have a table showing the equivalent between
> linux tools (if this is true)
>
>        apt-get... and monticello/metacello
>
> can somebody point me to that ?

I would say that the mapping is:
Monticello <-> dpkg (without the repository management)
Metacello <-> apt

Re: linux equivalent to monticello metacello...

NorbertHartl

On 14.01.2011, at 14:00, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> for the chapter on metacello I would like to have a table showing the equivalent between
> linux tools (if this is true)
>
> apt-get... and monticello/metacello
>
> can somebody point me to that ?

Can you elaborate a little what you are after?

Norbert

Re: linux equivalent to monticello metacello...

laurent laffont
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> for the chapter on metacello I would like to have a table showing the equivalent between
> linux tools (if this is true)
>
>        apt-get... and monticello/metacello
>
> can somebody point me to that ?

I would say that the mapping is:
Monticello <-> dpkg (without the repository management)
Metacello <-> apt

Note that it's Debian / Ubuntu / .. equivalent. Because:
On ArchLinux / Chakra / ...
Monticello <-> pkg
Metacello <-> pacman

On RedHat / CentOS / ....
Monticello <-> rpm
Metacello <-> yum

and there's more :)

Laurent

Re: linux equivalent to monticello metacello...

EstebanLM
wel... I made the "Gofer Project Loader" (http://smallworks.com.ar/en/community/GoferProjectLoader), to handle metacello configurations as apt-get.
It's working, needs to add some fixes Adrian ask me like six months ago and I forget to do it... but there was "configurations for diferent pharo versions", very easy. Is there are still some interest, I can update it :P

best,
Esteban