lisencing

EstebanLM
Hi,
I just saw the list of pending packages for pharo-dev and I noted that
there is a package made by me (OB-Algernon), it is a little package
with few changes to algernon... but I have not signed the agreement
(because I thought that none of my codes was included in pharo)
So I ask: I have to sign the agreement? how?
(In any case, I want to sign the agreement "just in case" -that will
allow me to contribute to pharo, if I find the time-... is that
possible?)

Cheers,
Esteban

Re: lisencing

Henrik Sperre Johansen
Speaking of which, I have a related question:
The issues marked with "Check:", which are mostly Mantis bug fixes to
Squeak, what's the procedure for those?
1. Use the code submitted as fixes as a starting point, and assume
it's under a valid licence?
   1a. If so, how do we submit as the contributer for unaltered
methods the person who made the Squeak patch instead of the person
checking it?
   1b. For derived/removed/extended changes made by the checker, who
do we tag as the change author?
2. Read the bug descriptions and make corresponding changes to Pharo?

Cheers,
Henry

Siterer "Esteban Lorenzano" <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
> I just saw the list of pending packages for pharo-dev and I noted that
> there is a package made by me (OB-Algernon), it is a little package
> with few changes to algernon... but I have not signed the agreement
> (because I thought that none of my codes was included in pharo)
> So I ask: I have to sign the agreement? how?
> (In any case, I want to sign the agreement "just in case" -that will
> allow me to contribute to pharo, if I find the time-... is that
> possible?)
>
> Cheers,
> Esteban

Re: lisencing

johnmci
>> Hi,
>> I just saw the list of pending packages for pharo-dev and I noted
>> that
>> there is a package made by me (OB-Algernon), it is a little package
>> with few changes to algernon...

I if I might make a suggestion, in my left hand I have a database of
names and initials of people who have
signed up, in the right some code that looks at each method in the
Pharo image, and tags any with a pragma if it
can't figure out who owns it, or if the author isn't in the database.

Run it before each release, post exceptions somewhere.  Frankly any
centralized initial, name registration going forward
should capture an email address for later usage....

--
=
=

Re: lisencing

Damien Cassou
Hi Esteban,

http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/LicenseAgreement

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: lisencing

Hi esteban

two questions:
        - what is the license of algernon?
        MIT I hope
        - then to sign the agreement this is easy you print the page and sign
it.
        http://pharo.gforge.inria.fr/licenseDocuments/
Stef

On Feb 26, 2009, at 7:42 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
> I just saw the list of pending packages for pharo-dev and I noted that
> there is a package made by me (OB-Algernon), it is a little package
> with few changes to algernon... but I have not signed the agreement
> (because I thought that none of my codes was included in pharo)
> So I ask: I have to sign the agreement? how?
> (In any case, I want to sign the agreement "just in case" -that will
> allow me to contribute to pharo, if I find the time-... is that
> possible?)
>
> Cheers,
> Esteban

Re: lisencing

Yes... time time time...

Stef

On Feb 26, 2009, at 11:30 PM, John M McIntosh wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>> I just saw the list of pending packages for pharo-dev and I noted
>>> that
>>> there is a package made by me (OB-Algernon), it is a little package
>>> with few changes to algernon...
>

> I if I might make a suggestion, in my left hand I have a database of
> names and initials of people who have
> signed up, in the right some code that looks at each method in the
> Pharo image, and tags any with a pragma if it
> can't figure out who owns it, or if the author isn't in the database.
>
> Run it before each release, post exceptions somewhere.  Frankly any
> centralized initial, name registration going forward
> should capture an email address for later usage....
>
> --
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>
> Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.  http://
> www.smalltalkconsulting.com
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =

Re: lisencing

Hi henrik
(I should check that your fax arrived :)

Ideally we should check that the guy sign the squeak MIT agreement but
this is not clear where this information here to me
Matthew? do you know?
        I could add that next to the list of ok committers.
        If the code is not MIT we do not look at it.

> Speaking of which, I have a related question:
> The issues marked with "Check:", which are mostly Mantis bug fixes to
> Squeak, what's the procedure for those?
> 1. Use the code submitted as fixes as a starting point, and assume
> it's under a valid licence?
>   1a. If so, how do we submit as the contributer for unaltered
> methods the person who made the Squeak patch instead of the person
> checking it?

you merge with the most recent versions and publish the code in the
inbox
the method tags of the methods that did not change will be the one of
the original author.
After any modification is a modification  so :)

>   1b. For derived/removed/extended changes made by the checker, who
> do we tag as the change author?

the guy doing them.

> 2. Read the bug descriptions and make corresponding changes to Pharo?

> Cheers,
> Henry
>
> Siterer "Esteban Lorenzano" <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi,
>> I just saw the list of pending packages for pharo-dev and I noted
>> that
>> there is a package made by me (OB-Algernon), it is a little package
>> with few changes to algernon... but I have not signed the agreement
>> (because I thought that none of my codes was included in pharo)
>> So I ask: I have to sign the agreement? how?
>> (In any case, I want to sign the agreement "just in case" -that will
>> allow me to contribute to pharo, if I find the time-... is that
>> possible?)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Esteban

Re: lisencing

Tapple Gao
On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 10:38:43AM +0100, St?phane Ducasse wrote:
> Ideally we should check that the guy sign the squeak MIT agreement but
> this is not clear where this information here to me
> Matthew? do you know?

The most up-to-date list of ok contributors is at

http://www.squeaksource.com/311/MethodAuthorship-kph.17.mcz

See the class-side methods in Authorship, category data

Re: lisencing

Stéphane Ducasse
thanks !!!

Stef