list filtering on FileChooser dialog

Chris Muller-3
I just noticed the list filtering works moderately well for the
directory hierarchy on the left side, but completely unresponsive on
the righthand side for the file list.

Re: list filtering on FileChooser dialog

timrowledge

> On 2018-09-03, at 7:43 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I just noticed the list filtering works moderately well for the
> directory hierarchy on the left side, but completely unresponsive on
> the righthand side for the file list.

Neither by any deliberate choice on my part; I just used the tree and list bits as part of the ToolBuilder stuff. If there is something that needs hooking up to make it work well, feel free to either add it or explain what I ought to do to add it.

As Jakob R pointed out a while ago it could also do with a 'New Directory' button for the directory chooser and file saver versions.

tim
Fractured Idiom:- VENI, VIDI, VICE - I came, I saw, I partied.

Re: list filtering on FileChooser dialog

Chris Muller-3
PluggableMultiColumnListMorph doesn't support the list filtering, but
after a couple of hours work I think it should be working via the
attached changeset.

But the list isn't updating.  It inherits
PluggableListMorph>>#updateList, which is called, but I'm not quite
sure why this isn't doing it for Multicolumn.

Could I possibly borrow your tired but expert eyes, see if you see it?

Multicolumn needs a lot more work than just this filtering fix to get
to the level expected by users, like sorting and resizing.

It is not used anywhere in the image, but I tested that a standard,
single-column PluggableListMorph on the #name, the filtering works
properly.  Since FileChooser is primarily an input dialog, it should
support input.

Thanks!
  Chris
On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 10:51 PM tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > On 2018-09-03, at 7:43 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I just noticed the list filtering works moderately well for the
> > directory hierarchy on the left side, but completely unresponsive on
> > the righthand side for the file list.
> >

> Neither by any deliberate choice on my part; I just used the tree and list bits as part of the ToolBuilder stuff. If there is something that needs hooking up to make it work well, feel free to either add it or explain what I ought to do to add it.
>
> As Jakob R pointed out a while ago it could also do with a 'New Directory' button for the directory chooser and file saver versions.
>
> tim
> Fractured Idiom:- VENI, VIDI, VICE - I came, I saw, I partied.

filter-fix.1.cs (5K) Download Attachment