little pictures of you :)

12

little pictures of you :)

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

the pharo web site does not support that yet :)
but I would love to have some pictures of you because this is not that fun to talk daily with people
when we do not even know their faces so we could start to build a pharo fun community.
Let me know what you think.

Re: little pictures of you :)

Adrian Lienhard
Wouldn't Facebook do exactly this?

Adrian

On Aug 11, 2010, at 12:47 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> the pharo web site does not support that yet :)
> but I would love to have some pictures of you because this is not that fun to talk daily with people
> when we do not even know their faces so we could start to build a pharo fun community.
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Stef

Re: little pictures of you :)

Peter Hugosson-Miller
Indeed: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=103975957018 Only 26 members at the moment, surely we can do better ;-)

Peter

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Wouldn't Facebook do exactly this?

Adrian

On Aug 11, 2010, at 12:47 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> the pharo web site does not support that yet :)
> but I would love to have some pictures of you because this is not that fun to talk daily with people
> when we do not even know their faces so we could start to build a pharo fun community.
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Stef

Re: little pictures of you :)

hilaire
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: little pictures of you :)

NorbertHartl
I just left facebook and I'm not willing to get into this again.

Norbert

On 11.08.2010, at 13:27, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> Wouldn't Facebook do exactly this?
>
> Adrian
>
> On Aug 11, 2010, at 12:47 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> the pharo web site does not support that yet :)
>> but I would love to have some pictures of you because this is not that fun to talk daily with people
>> when we do not even know their faces so we could start to build a pharo fun community.
>> Let me know what you think.
>>
>> Stef

Re: little pictures of you :)

Mariano Martinez Peck
+1 to pictures in website
-1 to facebook. I really have social netwroks and I won't subscribe. Maybe it is just me, buy maybe there are more

But I really agree it is cool to have other's face. It was funny in ESUG or London Camp Smalltalk to recognize people you receive millions of mail but you didn't know evne his face hahhaha

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:
No, it forces you to get in this things.

Hilaire

Le 11/08/2010 13:27, Adrian Lienhard a écrit :
> Wouldn't Facebook do exactly this?
>
> Adrian
>
> On Aug 11, 2010, at 12:47 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> the pharo web site does not support that yet :)
>> but I would love to have some pictures of you because this is not that fun to talk daily with people
>> when we do not even know their faces so we could start to build a pharo fun community.
>> Let me know what you think.
>>
>> Stef

Re: little pictures of you :)

laurent laffont
+1 to pictures in website.

Laurent

2010/8/11 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
+1 to pictures in website
-1 to facebook. I really have social netwroks and I won't subscribe. Maybe it is just me, buy maybe there are more

But I really agree it is cool to have other's face. It was funny in ESUG or London Camp Smalltalk to recognize people you receive millions of mail but you didn't know evne his face hahhaha

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Hilaire Fernandes <[hidden email]> wrote:
No, it forces you to get in this things.

Hilaire

Le 11/08/2010 13:27, Adrian Lienhard a écrit :
> Wouldn't Facebook do exactly this?
>
> Adrian
>
> On Aug 11, 2010, at 12:47 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> the pharo web site does not support that yet :)
>> but I would love to have some pictures of you because this is not that fun to talk daily with people
>> when we do not even know their faces so we could start to build a pharo fun community.
>> Let me know what you think.
>>
>> Stef

Re: little pictures of you :)

not really convinced.

On Aug 11, 2010, at 1:27 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> Wouldn't Facebook do exactly this?
>
> Adrian
>
> On Aug 11, 2010, at 12:47 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> the pharo web site does not support that yet :)
>> but I would love to have some pictures of you because this is not that fun to talk daily with people
>> when we do not even know their faces so we could start to build a pharo fun community.
>> Let me know what you think.
>>
>> Stef

Re: little pictures of you :)

Miguel Cobá
El mié, 11-08-2010 a las 14:09 +0200, laurent laffont escribió:
> +1 to pictures in website.

+1 to pictures in website
-1 to facebook or external sites, but...

maybe gravatar.com could be used

Cheers

> Laurent
>

> 2010/8/11 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
>         +1 to pictures in website
>         -1 to facebook. I really have social netwroks and I won't
>         subscribe. Maybe it is just me, buy maybe there are more
>
>         But I really agree it is cool to have other's face. It was
>         funny in ESUG or London Camp Smalltalk to recognize people you
>         receive millions of mail but you didn't know evne his face
>         hahhaha
>

>         On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Hilaire Fernandes
>         <[hidden email]> wrote:
>                 No, it forces you to get in this things.
>
>                 Hilaire
>
>                 Le 11/08/2010 13:27, Adrian Lienhard a écrit :
>
>                 > Wouldn't Facebook do exactly this?
>                 >
>                 > Adrian
>                 >
>                 > On Aug 11, 2010, at 12:47 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>                 >
>                 >> Hi guys
>                 >>
>                 >> the pharo web site does not support that yet :)
>                 >> but I would love to have some pictures of you
>                 because this is not that fun to talk daily with people
>                 >> when we do not even know their faces so we could
>                 start to build a pharo fun community.
>                 >> Let me know what you think.
>                 >>
>                 >> Stef
>                 >> _______________________________________________
>                 >> Pharo-project mailing list
>                 >> [hidden email]
>                 >>
>                 http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pharo-project

Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: little pictures of you :)

laurent laffont
I will have some free time tomorrow evening, so I can try to create a page on the website.

Send me a photo and present yourself, suggestions:
- what you are working on with Pharo
- your enterprise + link
- link to your blog / twitter / ....
- packages / app you have created or contributed.

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont

2010/8/11 Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez <[hidden email]>
El mié, 11-08-2010 a las 14:09 +0200, laurent laffont escribió:
> +1 to pictures in website.

+1 to pictures in website
-1 to facebook or external sites, but...

maybe gravatar.com could be used

Cheers
> Laurent
>

> 2010/8/11 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
>         +1 to pictures in website
>         -1 to facebook. I really have social netwroks and I won't
>         subscribe. Maybe it is just me, buy maybe there are more
>
>         But I really agree it is cool to have other's face. It was
>         funny in ESUG or London Camp Smalltalk to recognize people you
>         receive millions of mail but you didn't know evne his face
>         hahhaha
>

>         On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Hilaire Fernandes
>         <[hidden email]> wrote:
>                 No, it forces you to get in this things.
>
>                 Hilaire
>
>                 Le 11/08/2010 13:27, Adrian Lienhard a écrit :
>
>                 > Wouldn't Facebook do exactly this?
>                 >
>                 > Adrian
>                 >
>                 > On Aug 11, 2010, at 12:47 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>                 >
>                 >> Hi guys
>                 >>
>                 >> the pharo web site does not support that yet :)
>                 >> but I would love to have some pictures of you
>                 because this is not that fun to talk daily with people
>                 >> when we do not even know their faces so we could
>                 start to build a pharo fun community.
>                 >> Let me know what you think.
>                 >>
>                 >> Stef
>                 >> _______________________________________________
>                 >> Pharo-project mailing list
>                 >> [hidden email]
>                 >>
>                 http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pharo-project

Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: little pictures of you :)

Geert Claes
Administrator
Norbert Hartl wrote
I just left facebook and I'm not willing to get into this again.
+1 I tried but closed my Facebook account too.

ps. you can add a picture on your account on the forum.world.st Nabble forums, but ideally these profile photo should probably go in the member profiles of the next/improved Squeak/Pharo Source

Re: little pictures of you :)

garduino
I'm the opposite, I use Facebook and all my data is there.

Pics, sites, twitter, etc.

Cheers.
Germán.

2010/8/11 Geert Claes <[hidden email]>:

> Norbert Hartl wrote:
>>
>> I just left facebook and I'm not willing to get into this again.
>>

> +1 I tried but closed my Facebook account too.
>
> ps. you can add a picture on your account on the forum.world.st Nabble
> forums, but ideally these profile photo should probably go in the member
> profiles of the next/improved Squeak/Pharo Source

Re: little pictures of you :)

Peter Hugosson-Miller
Hehe, I just added you ;-)

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm the opposite, I use Facebook and all my data is there.

Pics, sites, twitter, etc.

Cheers.
Germán.

2010/8/11 Geert Claes <[hidden email]>:

> Norbert Hartl wrote:
>>
>> I just left facebook and I'm not willing to get into this again.
>>

> +1 I tried but closed my Facebook account too.
>
> ps. you can add a picture on your account on the forum.world.st Nabble
> forums, but ideally these profile photo should probably go in the member
> profiles of the next/improved Squeak/Pharo Source

Re: little pictures of you :)

garduino
Confirmed, thanks!

2010/8/11 Peter Hugosson-Miller <[hidden email]>:

> Hehe, I just added you ;-)
>
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm the opposite, I use Facebook and all my data is there.
>>
>> Pics, sites, twitter, etc.
>>
>> Cheers.
>> Germán.

>> > +1 I tried but closed my Facebook account too.
>> >
>> > ps. you can add a picture on your account on the forum.world.st Nabble
>> > forums, but ideally these profile photo should probably go in the member
>> > profiles of the next/improved Squeak/Pharo Source

Re: little pictures of you :)

SergeStinckwich
2010/8/11 Miguel Enrique Cobá Martínez <[hidden email]>:
> El mié, 11-08-2010 a las 14:09 +0200, laurent laffont escribió:
>> +1 to pictures in website.
>>

> +1 to pictures in website
> -1 to facebook or external sites, but...
>
> maybe gravatar.com could be used

+1

http://fr.gravatar.com/sergestinckwich

--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk

Re: little pictures of you :)

Peter Hugosson-Miller
Looks simple enough :-)

http://gravatar.com/oldmanlink

Cheers,
Peter

2010/8/12 Peter Hugosson-Miller <[hidden email]>:
> Looks simple enough :-)
>
> http://gravatar.com/oldmanlink

Cool !

What is interesting is that they provide an API to include the images
in a website.

On 12.08.2010, at 08:38, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> 2010/8/12 Peter Hugosson-Miller <[hidden email]>:
>> Looks simple enough :-)
>>
>> http://gravatar.com/oldmanlink
>
> Cool !
>
> What is interesting is that they provide an API to include the images
> in a website.

It is much easier than that. You only need the generate image links that have an url in the form

http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/ + MD5 hash of the email address [1]

So you can either take the profile link people included in responses in this thread or you create the link from their email address

btw. mine is

http://gravatar.com/nhartl

Norbert

[1] http://en.gravatar.com/site/implement/

Re: little pictures of you :)

laurent laffont
I'm tired of creating accounts everywhere :(

Laurent

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
2010/8/12 Peter Hugosson-Miller <[hidden email]>:
> Looks simple enough :-)
>
> http://gravatar.com/oldmanlink

Cool !

What is interesting is that they provide an API to include the images
in a website.

--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk