little sugestion

Smalltalkiano
Hi OA team,

    I put here a modest suggestion derivated from the daily use of DS:

    Would be nice that the ClassHierarchyBrowser make use of the mouse wheel
in the source code pane.

    best regards,

Sebastian

ICQ#4610044

Re: little sugestion

Christopher J. Demers
Smalltalkiano <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:9lealk$8pmnh$[hidden email]...
>     Would be nice that the ClassHierarchyBrowser make use of the mouse
wheel
> in the source code pane.

My mouse wheel works in Dolphin 4.x list boxes and source code panes on
Windows NT and 2000, and I assume Windows 98/ME as I would have noticed if
it hadn't.  I am not an expert regarding the mouse wheel, but I recall a few
things that I think could cause a problem, perhaps others can provide more
information.  You may not have the latest MS RTF control installed, or
perhaps you do not have the latest Intellimouse drivers.

Chris

RE: little sugestion

Smalltalkiano
Chris,

    I think that the OS version has something with this.

    in a W98SE I've used the wheel everywhere

    regards..

Seb

Christopher J. Demers <[hidden email]> escribió en el
mensaje de noticias 9leenv$8t12e$[hidden email]...

> Smalltalkiano <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:9lealk$8pmnh$[hidden email]...
> >     Would be nice that the ClassHierarchyBrowser make use of the mouse
> wheel
> > in the source code pane.
>
> My mouse wheel works in Dolphin 4.x list boxes and source code panes on
> Windows NT and 2000, and I assume Windows 98/ME as I would have noticed if
> it hadn't.  I am not an expert regarding the mouse wheel, but I recall a
few
> things that I think could cause a problem, perhaps others can provide more
> information.  You may not have the latest MS RTF control installed, or
> perhaps you do not have the latest Intellimouse drivers.
>
> Chris

Re: little sugestion

Ian Bartholomew-4
Seb,

>     I think that the OS version has something with this.
>
>     in a W98SE I've used the wheel everywhere

Which OS are you having trouble with?. FWIW my mouse wheel works fine in the
CHB source view under Win95 and Win2000.

Ian

RE: little sugestion

Smalltalkiano
Dear Ian,

    I don't know why it happends but it isn't allways.

    Sometimes in a spanish Win98SE I had normal wheel behavior (making use
of) and sometimes don't.

    ¿?

regards..

Seb

Ian Bartholomew <[hidden email]> escribió en el mensaje de noticias
9lgkme$92gv0$[hidden email]...
> Seb,
>
> >     I think that the OS version has something with this.
> >
> >     in a W98SE I've used the wheel everywhere
>
> Which OS are you having trouble with?. FWIW my mouse wheel works fine in
the
> CHB source view under Win95 and Win2000.
>
> Ian

Re: little sugestion

Bob Jarvis-2
"Smalltalkiano" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:9lealk$8pmnh$[hidden email]...
>     Would be nice that the ClassHierarchyBrowser make use of the mouse
wheel
> in the source code pane.

This works fine for me under Windows ME.

I did notice that if I position the mouse over the Categories pane and
scroll this pane with the mouse wheel, then move my mouse so it's over the
Classes pane (without clicking anywhere) and start scrolling with the mouse
wheel, that the *first* mouse wheel event seems to be sent to both the
Categories pane *and* the Classes pane - that is, both panes scroll.  After
this first event only the Classes pane scrolls.
--
Bob Jarvis