liveCallback method in Seaside 2.8

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
Hello,

i  write a  web application with VisualWorks 7.4 and seaside 2.6.

I use the method liveCallback: for manage "LiveRequest" about checkbox, textInput, anchor  and select component.

Now  i work to port the code in Squeak with seaside 2.8 and scriptaculous 238 but d'ont found the liveCallback: method .

It liveCallback: specific about seaside  VW implementation?

What's the best solution ?

It's possible implement it in seaside/Squeak and in seaside/Gemstone ?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Dario

Re: liveCallback method in Seaside 2.8

Sophie424
> "Dario Trussardi" <[hidden email]> wrote
> I use the method liveCallback:

It is a Seaside/Scriptaculous version issue (not a VW issue).

I believe that "Builder" API from 2.6 or 2.7 is now not supported in 2.8,
look at the new "brush" API and browse the source of Scriptaculous examples
that come with 2.8.
e.g.
http://www.justplayitgrand.com/seasidedocs/seaside_canvas_api?DokuWiki=f826278147c4a4501363e335266cd57d

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2007-January/010453.html

http://www.seaside.st/documentation/callbacks?36&_k=hxYhmkGl&_n&_s=AdGfUQbuLWYunAxK

- Sophie

Re: liveCallback method in Seaside 2.8

Philippe Marschall
2008/1/24, Dario Trussardi <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> i  write a  web application with VisualWorks 7.4 and seaside 2.6.
>
> I use the method liveCallback: for manage "LiveRequest" about checkbox,
> textInput, anchor  and select component.
>
> Now  i work to port the code in Squeak with seaside 2.8 and scriptaculous
> 238 but d'ont found the liveCallback: method .
>
> It liveCallback: specific about seaside  VW implementation?
>

> What's the best solution ?
>
> It's possible implement it in seaside/Squeak and in seaside/Gemstone ?
>
> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

You're looking for the SeasideAsync package. This has nothing to do
with Scriptaculous. Maybe Cincom always includes this. It exists since
Seaside 2.6.

Cheers
Philippe

> Thanks!
>
> Dario

RE: Re: liveCallback method in Seaside 2.8

Bany, Michel
Hi Dario,
All the missing methods were moved to the SeasideAsync package.
This is available in SqueakSource.
It is also on the VW distribution and the public Store.
Enjoy,
Michel.

Hi Michel,

you write:

>    Hi Dario,
>    All the missing methods were moved to the SeasideAsync package.
>    This is available in SqueakSource.
>    It is also on the VW distribution and the public Store.

Ok i've load it "SeasideAsync"   in VW and in Squeak and all work fine. ( async/ livetest  web page work fine).

I've problem to test it in Gemstone (GLASS).
When view async/ livetest web page from GLASS  the browser signal error "object require" .

But my problem now it's relative to the support of liveCallback: method in the future release of seaside / scriptacolous and....

For example i've view the  seaside 2.9 on SqueakSource and i d'ont found any reference to SeasideAsync package.

What it mean ?

I work with liveCallback in VW and i think it very elegant.

But i need to define method supported by next release.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Dario

Re: Re: liveCallback method in Seaside 2.8

Dale
Dario,

I'm not aware of anyone else who has tried to load SeasideAsync into
GemStone, so it's not surprising that the is a problem or two. I should
have some time next week to look into the SeasideAsync problem for
GemStone.

We're getting 2.2.4 out the door today and prepping for a new rev of the
GLASS appliance, so my plate is pretty full.

Dale

Dario Trussardi wrote:

>Hi Michel,
>
>you write:
>

>>   Hi Dario,
>>   All the missing methods were moved to the SeasideAsync package.
>>   This is available in SqueakSource.
>>   It is also on the VW distribution and the public Store.
>>

>Ok i've load it "SeasideAsync"   in VW and in Squeak and all work fine.
>( async/ livetest  web page work fine).
>
>I've problem to test it in Gemstone (GLASS).
>When view async/ livetest web page from GLASS  the browser signal error
>"object require" .
>
>But my problem now it's relative to the support of liveCallback: method
>in the future release of seaside / scriptacolous and....
>
>For example i've view the  seaside 2.9 on SqueakSource and i d'ont found
>any reference to SeasideAsync package.
>
>What it mean ?
>
>I work with liveCallback in VW and i think it very elegant.
>
>But i need to define method supported by next release.
>
>Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
>
>Thanks!
>
>Dario

Re: Re: liveCallback method in Seaside 2.8

Michel Bany

On Jan 25, 2008, at 9:05 PM, Dario Trussardi wrote:

But my problem now it's relative to the support of liveCallback: method in the future release of seaside / scriptacolous and....

SeasideAsync only relies on Seaside and is completely independent of Scriptaculous.

For example i've view the  seaside 2.9 on SqueakSource and i d'ont found any reference to SeasideAsync package.

I believe that the SeasideAsync package that works with 2.8 should work fine with 2.9.
Give it a try and let me know, I will be happy to help you and fix it.

What it mean ?

I work with liveCallback in VW and i think it very elegant.

Yes, I agree.

Enjoy,
Michel.

Re: liveCallback method in Seaside 2.8

Dale Henrichs-2
Dale Henrichs <dale.henrichs <at> gemstone.com> writes:

> Dario,
>
> I'm not aware of anyone else who has tried to load SeasideAsync into
> GemStone, so it's not surprising that the is a problem or two. I should
> have some time next week to look into the SeasideAsync problem for
> GemStone.

Dario,

I successfully loaded SeasideAsync-mb.73 into GemStone/s running the final
version of 2.2.4 with GLASS-dkh.44 and the livetests page came up without error.
I hit a missing #asMilliSeconds when I clicked the periodictests link (GemStone
Duration class needs that method), but that doesn't sound like your problem.

I think you are running 2.2.4beta2, so you can't move to GLASS-dkh.44, but I
wouldn't think that the code differences would affect SeasideAsync.

If you are still having trouble, perhaps you could provide a little more
information.

Dale

Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Dario,
>
> I successfully loaded SeasideAsync-mb.73 into GemStone/s running the final
> version of 2.2.4 with GLASS-dkh.44 and the livetests page came up without error.
> I hit a missing #asMilliSeconds when I clicked the periodictests link (GemStone
> Duration class needs that method), but that doesn't sound like your problem.
>
> I think you are running 2.2.4beta2, so you can't move to GLASS-dkh.44, but I
> wouldn't think that the code differences would affect SeasideAsync.
>
> If you are still having trouble, perhaps you could provide a little more
> information.
Dario,

I have been doing a little more testing today and I have run into a
different bug that only shows up when running under FastCGI (and 3 gems)
... the error that comes up is "Error 2318: User defined error, <'Not a
live request'>".  I'll try tracking this down.

Dale

Re: liveCallback method in Seaside 2.8

dtrussardi@tiscali.it
Hello,

excuse for my later to answer.

Dale Henrichs wrote:

Dario,

> I successfully loaded SeasideAsync-mb.73 into GemStone/s running the final

version of 2.2.4 with GLASS-dkh.44 and the livetests page came up without error.

I hit a missing #asMilliSeconds when I clicked the periodictests link (GemStone

Duration class needs that method), but that doesn't sound like your problem.

> I think you are running 2.2.4beta2, so you can't move to GLASS-dkh.44, but I

wouldn't think that the code differences would affect SeasideAsync.

I have restart my OODB server.
I successfully loaded SeasideAsync-mb.74 into GemStone/s and now all the items of livetests page work fine.

But now only the first Auto-completion examples work fine.

In the second example when digit data into "Choose a class:"  the browser d'ont  display anything.

About sesside and scriptaculous

I have load Seaside 2.8g1-dkh.538 and Scriptaculous-obj.1.

B1) In the form tab the Radio-Button d'ont work fine.

B2) And the Autocompleter

Start to type a Smalltalk class-name:

d'ont display the error:

Re: Re: liveCallback method in Seaside 2.8

Dale
Dario,

Thanks for the additional information ... I'll look into these problems
a little deeper.

Dale