load tff images

Jochen Riekhof
Hi...

a few months ago I noticed a thread where wrappers some new Windows-API was
described that among other features would allow to load the newer image
formats, e.g. tiff and new jpg. There is something in XP, as I can view
tiffs in e.g. the Internet Explorer. Can someone help me with the
Goodie-URL? (or did I mix up something).

Thanks and Ciao

...Jochen

[hidden email]

P.S. is everything ok with Ian? I did not see any posts from him for quite a
while now...

Re: load tff images

Christopher J. Demers
"Jochen Riekhof" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:3f201db0$[hidden email]...
> a few months ago I noticed a thread where wrappers some new Windows-API
was
> described that among other features would allow to load the newer image
> formats, e.g. tiff and new jpg. There is something in XP, as I can view
> tiffs in e.g. the Internet Explorer. Can someone help me with the
> Goodie-URL? (or did I mix up something).

I think you are talking about the GDI+ wrapper.  Blair released this, and
then some other people continued to work on it, and fixed some things.
However I don't think the revised version ever got publicly posted.  I think
there was some confusion as to who should post it, so it never got posted.
I too would like to get a hold of this package (in its latest form).

This is the best URL I could find:
http://www.object-arts.com/Lib/Downloads/5.0/Gdiplus.zip

The PAC file has a date of  January 6 2003, so I don't think it is the
latest version.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Chris

Re: load tff images

Steve Alan Waring
Hi Jochen and Chris,

Christopher J. Demers wrote:
> I think you are talking about the GDI+ wrapper.  Blair released this,
> and then some other people continued to work on it, and fixed some
> things. However I don't think the revised version ever got publicly
> posted.  I think there was some confusion as to who should post it,
> so it never got posted. I too would like to get a hold of this
> package (in its latest form).

<snip>

> The PAC file has a date of  January 6 2003, so I don't think it is the
> latest version.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

There is a later version available which has Smalltalk classes for most of
the Gdiplus flat API. Louis Sumberg has done the hard work adding many
helper methods and around 100 examples from MSDN. Thanks Louis!

Dan Antion has kindly setup a ftp server at:

ftp://204.60.130.68/Dolphin

USER: public
PW: public

The package is still in development, but I have found it to be very stable.
If you are not running XP, you will also need to download the dll from:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/platformsdk/redist/3097/W98NT42KMeXP/
EN-US/gdiplus_dnld.exe

There have been a few fixes submitted since the 4.5 version was released, so
there will probably be a v5.0 released in a couple of weeks.

Enjoy,

Steve
--
Steve Waring
Email: [hidden email]

Re: load tff images

Christopher J. Demers
"Steve Waring" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:bfpmc5$hmkdj$[hidden email]...
> Hi Jochen and Chris,
>
> Christopher J. Demers wrote:
> > I think you are talking about the GDI+ wrapper.  Blair released this,
> > and then some other people continued to work on it, and fixed some
> > things. However I don't think the revised version ever got publicly
> > posted.  I think there was some confusion as to who should post it,
> > so it never got posted. I too would like to get a hold of this
> > package (in its latest form).

> There is a later version available which has Smalltalk classes for most of
> the Gdiplus flat API. Louis Sumberg has done the hard work adding many
> helper methods and around 100 examples from MSDN. Thanks Louis!
>
> Dan Antion has kindly setup a ftp server at:
>
> ftp://204.60.130.68/Dolphin
>
> USER: public
> PW: public

Thanks Steve I got it.  Once the dust settles it might be a good idea to
give this package a little publicity, as I think it could be pretty handy.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: load tff images

Ian Bartholomew-18
Jochen,

> P.S. is everything ok with Ian? I did not see any posts from him for
> quite a while now...

Still here.  I've just got a bit involved in some other stuff at the
moment and, other than a bit of maintenance, haven't done any serious
Dolphineering for quite some time now.

I still read the newsgroup though (and maintain the archive). The lack
of posts is probably just because I don't read the group as often as
before and the few questions that I could reply to usually get answered
by somebody else before I can get round to it.

Nice of you to notice my "absence" though :-).

Regards
--
Ian

Re: load tff images

Jochen Riekhof
> Still here.

Glad to hear that :-)

Ciao

...Jochen

Re: load tff images

Jochen Riekhof
Got it, thanks a lot!! Will be in holidays for 2 weeks now, so the tryout
will have to wait a bit :-)

Ciao

...Jochen