loadOBAlpha

Alexandre Bergel-4
Hi All,

Apparently, what is loaded by ScriptLoader>>loadOBAlpha cannot be
opened. OBPackageBrowser>>topPanel DNU
It would be great to fix this...

Cheers,
Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: loadOBAlpha

David Röthlisberger-2
Hi Alex,

> Apparently, what is loaded by ScriptLoader>>loadOBAlpha cannot be
> opened. OBPackageBrowser>>topPanel DNU
> It would be great to fix this...

I don't get this error.
The method you mention is in OBCodeBrowser in pkg OB-Standard, maybe this package
didn't get updated when you loaded OBAlpha.

David

Re: loadOBAlpha

Alexandre Bergel
I obtained the error by taking a fresh a 10231, did a system update
and doit "ScriptLoader loadOBAlpha"
Does it really work with you? There is no implementor of topPanel.

This is the definition of loadOBAlpha. There is no new version of
ScriptLoader.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
loadOBAlpha
        "self loadOBAlpha"

        | instClass |
        instClass := self environment at: #Installer ifAbsent: [self new
installingInstaller].

        self new universalInstaller universe
                update;
                addPackage: 'Shout';
                addPackage: 'AST';
                addPackage: 'Refactoring Core';
                install.

        "load latest alpha version of OB directly from its Monticello repo"
        instClass wiresong
                project: 'ob';
                install: 'OmniBrowser';
                install: 'OB-Standard';
                install: 'OB-Morphic';
                install: 'OB-Enhancements';
                install: 'OB-Refactory'.

        self new universalInstaller universe
                addPackage: 'ShoutOmniBrowser';
                addPackage: 'eCompletion';
                addPackage: 'eCompletionOmniBrowser';
                addPackage: 'eCompletion-Traits';
                install.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Alexandre

On 18 Feb 2009, at 11:17, David Röthlisberger wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
>> Apparently, what is loaded by ScriptLoader>>loadOBAlpha cannot be
>> opened. OBPackageBrowser>>topPanel DNU
>> It would be great to fix this...
>
> I don't get this error.
> The method you mention is in OBCodeBrowser in pkg OB-Standard, maybe
> this package
> didn't get updated when you loaded OBAlpha.
>
> David

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: loadOBAlpha

David Röthlisberger-2

> I obtained the error by taking a fresh a 10231, did a system update
> and doit "ScriptLoader loadOBAlpha"
> Does it really work with you? There is no implementor of topPanel.

Which version of OB-Standard do you have loaded in your image after the doit?
dr.395 brings OBCodeBrowser class >> topPanel.

David

> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> loadOBAlpha
> "self loadOBAlpha"
>
> | instClass |
> instClass := self environment at: #Installer ifAbsent: [self new
> installingInstaller].
>
> self new universalInstaller universe
> update;
> addPackage: 'Shout';
> addPackage: 'AST';
> addPackage: 'Refactoring Core';
> install.
>
> "load latest alpha version of OB directly from its Monticello repo"
> instClass wiresong
> project: 'ob';
> install: 'OmniBrowser';
> install: 'OB-Standard';
> install: 'OB-Morphic';
> install: 'OB-Enhancements';
> install: 'OB-Refactory'.
>
> self new universalInstaller universe
> addPackage: 'ShoutOmniBrowser';
> addPackage: 'eCompletion';
> addPackage: 'eCompletionOmniBrowser';
> addPackage: 'eCompletion-Traits';
> install.
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>
> Alexandre
>

> On 18 Feb 2009, at 11:17, David Röthlisberger wrote:
>
>> Hi Alex,
>>
>>> Apparently, what is loaded by ScriptLoader>>loadOBAlpha cannot be
>>> opened. OBPackageBrowser>>topPanel DNU
>>> It would be great to fix this...
>> I don't get this error.
>> The method you mention is in OBCodeBrowser in pkg OB-Standard, maybe
>> this package
>> didn't get updated when you loaded OBAlpha.
>>
>> David

Re: loadOBAlpha

Alexandre Bergel
This is quite strange.
Executing ScriptLoader loadOBAlpha loads OB-Strandard-dr.389 instead
of the last version. Do you want me to dive into this?

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 18 Feb 2009, at 11:51, David Röthlisberger wrote:

>> I obtained the error by taking a fresh a 10231, did a system update
>> and doit "ScriptLoader loadOBAlpha"
>> Does it really work with you? There is no implementor of topPanel.
>
> Which version of OB-Standard do you have loaded in your image after
> the doit?
> dr.395 brings OBCodeBrowser class >> topPanel.
>
> David
>
>> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>> loadOBAlpha
>> "self loadOBAlpha"
>>
>> | instClass |
>> instClass := self environment at: #Installer ifAbsent: [self new
>> installingInstaller].
>>
>> self new universalInstaller universe
>> update;
>> addPackage: 'Shout';
>> addPackage: 'AST';
>> addPackage: 'Refactoring Core';
>> install.
>>
>> "load latest alpha version of OB directly from its Monticello repo"
>> instClass wiresong
>> project: 'ob';
>> install: 'OmniBrowser';
>> install: 'OB-Standard';
>> install: 'OB-Morphic';
>> install: 'OB-Enhancements';
>> install: 'OB-Refactory'.
>>
>> self new universalInstaller universe
>> addPackage: 'ShoutOmniBrowser';
>> addPackage: 'eCompletion';
>> addPackage: 'eCompletionOmniBrowser';
>> addPackage: 'eCompletion-Traits';
>> install.
>> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>>
>> Alexandre
>>

>> On 18 Feb 2009, at 11:17, David Röthlisberger wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Alex,

>>> I don't get this error.
>>> The method you mention is in OBCodeBrowser in pkg OB-Standard, maybe
>>> this package
>>> didn't get updated when you loaded OBAlpha.
>>>
>>> David

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: loadOBAlpha

David Röthlisberger-2

> This is quite strange.
> Executing ScriptLoader loadOBAlpha loads OB-Strandard-dr.389 instead
> of the last version. Do you want me to dive into this?

yes, please. In particular as it does not for me, so I cannot reproduce this.
I remember Gary had a similar problem, but we then assumed it was because he has
locally changed something in that particualr package (I guess it was OB-Morphic), so
that's why the package didn't get updated. But I guess this is not the case here.

David

> On 18 Feb 2009, at 11:51, David Röthlisberger wrote:
>
>>> I obtained the error by taking a fresh a 10231, did a system update
>>> and doit "ScriptLoader loadOBAlpha"
>>> Does it really work with you? There is no implementor of topPanel.
>> Which version of OB-Standard do you have loaded in your image after
>> the doit?
>> dr.395 brings OBCodeBrowser class >> topPanel.
>>
>> David
>>
>>> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>>> loadOBAlpha
>>> "self loadOBAlpha"
>>>
>>> | instClass |
>>> instClass := self environment at: #Installer ifAbsent: [self new
>>> installingInstaller].
>>>
>>> self new universalInstaller universe
>>> update;
>>> addPackage: 'Shout';
>>> addPackage: 'AST';
>>> addPackage: 'Refactoring Core';
>>> install.
>>>
>>> "load latest alpha version of OB directly from its Monticello repo"
>>> instClass wiresong
>>> project: 'ob';
>>> install: 'OmniBrowser';
>>> install: 'OB-Standard';
>>> install: 'OB-Morphic';
>>> install: 'OB-Enhancements';
>>> install: 'OB-Refactory'.
>>>
>>> self new universalInstaller universe
>>> addPackage: 'ShoutOmniBrowser';
>>> addPackage: 'eCompletion';
>>> addPackage: 'eCompletionOmniBrowser';
>>> addPackage: 'eCompletion-Traits';
>>> install.
>>> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>>>
>>> Alexandre

Re: loadOBAlpha

Alexandre Bergel-4
The problem is that

install an older version of OB, overriding the loading instruction
located before in the method.

Alexandre

On 18 Feb 2009, at 15:13, David Röthlisberger wrote:

>> This is quite strange.
>> Executing ScriptLoader loadOBAlpha loads OB-Strandard-dr.389 instead
>> of the last version. Do you want me to dive into this?
>
> yes, please. In particular as it does not for me, so I cannot
> reproduce this.
> I remember Gary had a similar problem, but we then assumed it was
> because he has
> locally changed something in that particualr package (I guess it was
> OB-Morphic), so
> that's why the package didn't get updated. But I guess this is not
> the case here.
>
> David

>>> Which version of OB-Standard do you have loaded in your image after
>>> the doit?
>>> dr.395 brings OBCodeBrowser class >> topPanel.
>>>
>>> David

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: loadOBAlpha

David Röthlisberger-2

> install an older version of OB, overriding the loading instruction
> located before in the method.

But that's new, it didn't use to do that. What got changed to make it behave like
that? Did someone change the dependencies of these package in Universe? Like this it
gets hard to rely on Universe if suddenly dependencies get introduced that have been
defined before.

David