Peter Uhnak
After loading Glamour dev in Pharo 40
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gofer new
  smalltalkhubUser: 'Moose' project: 'Glamour';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamour';
  load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamour)
  perform: #loadDevelopment
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

when I try opening Playground I get
AnObsoleteGLMLiveStringBrick(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #textLogic:

And Spotter throws
GLMHintableActionButtonBrick(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #addUpAction:

Am I missing some extra dependency?

Thanks,
Peter

Peter

Re: loading Glamour in Pharo 4

Andrei Chis
There are several tools in Pharo that depend on Glamour.
If you update glamour to the latest version you also need to update the tools that depend on it.

This script updated everything:

{       { 'ConfigurationOfRubric'. 'AlainPlantec'. 'Rubric' }.
        { 'ConfigurationOfGlamourCore'. 'Moose'. 'Glamour' }.
        { 'ConfigurationOfGTInspectorCore'. 'Moose'. 'GToolkit' }.
        { 'ConfigurationOfGTPlaygroundCore'. 'Moose'. 'GToolkit' }.
        { 'ConfigurationOfGTSpotter'. 'Moose'. 'GToolkit' }.
{ 'ConfigurationOfGToolkitCore'. 'Moose'. 'GToolkit' }.
} do: [ :spec |
        Gofer new
                smalltalkhubUser: spec second project: spec third;
                package: spec first;
                load ].
ConfigurationOfGToolkitCore loadDevelopment.

If you are interested just in the Roassal presented you could try and only load the package Glamour-Roassal2-Presentations + Roassal.
However, depending on what changes you might need to also update glamour.

Cheers,
Andrei

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 6:47 PM, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
After loading Glamour dev in Pharo 40
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gofer new
  smalltalkhubUser: 'Moose' project: 'Glamour';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamour';
  load.
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamour)
  perform: #loadDevelopment
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

when I try opening Playground I get
AnObsoleteGLMLiveStringBrick(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #textLogic:

And Spotter throws
GLMHintableActionButtonBrick(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #addUpAction:

Am I missing some extra dependency?

Thanks,
Peter

Re: [Moose-dev] loading Glamour in Pharo 4

jfabry

I think it is pretty telling that 2 different persons basically had the same issue in 3 days. Should this issue be considered as something to have fixed for the Pharo 4 release?

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: [Moose-dev] loading Glamour in Pharo 4

jfabry
Running the update script in the latest image (40585) causes a DNU: Instances of UndefinedObject are not indexable. :-(

I can only see the stack trace in the pre-debugger. Clicking in the pre-debugger or trying to close a window causes the DNU again. The problem seems to be in RubFindReplaceService>>textArea:

[...]

Stephan Eggermont-3
These configurations/the metacello handling of them are
still pretty seriously broken. In Forum from the
Moose CI I cannot run the script because it throws an
error which triggers the broken debugger. As does opening
the workspace. I suspect there are quite some broken
green builds on ci atm.

Stephan

Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 16.43.35.png (274K) Download Attachment

On 01/04/15 00:29, Andrei Chis wrote:
> Still in this case the problem seems to be that version 0.1 from
> ConfigurationOfForum wants to load the development version of Glamour in
> a Moose 5.0 image, which is not going to work.

Thanks, that helped.

Stephan