log4j equivalent?

ian-3
Before I go and re-invent the wheel does anyone know of a smalltalk
"equivalent" of the log4j framework?

Re: log4j equivalent?

Joseph Pelrine-7
Ian wrote:
> Before I go and re-invent the wheel does anyone know of a smalltalk
> "equivalent" of the log4j framework?

Yes. I have a framework named "Toothpick" that does just what you're
looking for. It came out of the work being done on implementing logging
in SUnit, and it's quite nice. It runs in VW and VA, but I haven't
gotten around to porting it to Dolphin yet, I could use some help on a
few things...

Cheers
Joseph

Re: log4j equivalent?

Udo Schneider
Joseph,

> Yes. I have a framework named "Toothpick" that does just what you're
> looking for. It came out of the work being done on implementing logging
> in SUnit, and it's quite nice. It runs in VW and VA, but I haven't
> gotten around to porting it to Dolphin yet, I could use some help on a
> few things...
As I'm having the need for something like this as well *and* free time I
would like to volunteer in porting it to Dolphin.

CU,

Udo

Re: log4j equivalent?

Joseph Pelrine-7
Hi Udo!

Udo Schneider wrote:

> Joseph,
>
>> Yes. I have a framework named "Toothpick" that does just what you're
>> looking for. It came out of the work being done on implementing
>> logging in SUnit, and it's quite nice. It runs in VW and VA, but I
>> haven't gotten around to porting it to Dolphin yet, I could use some
>> help on a few things...
>
> As I'm having the need for something like this as well *and* free time I
> would like to volunteer in porting it to Dolphin.

Most of the code is in Dolphin already. What really needs work is the
documentation. the framework is so small and flexible that it needs a
bunch of examples. Please give me a mail address so that I can get the
stuff I have to you.

Cheers
Joseph

Re: log4j equivalent?

Udo Schneider
Joseph Pelrine wrote:
> Most of the code is in Dolphin already. What really needs work is the
> documentation. the framework is so small and flexible that it needs a
> bunch of examples. Please give me a mail address so that I can get the
> stuff I have to you.

You can use the E-Mail address from this posting (Udo DOT Schneider AT
homeaddress DOT DE).

CU,

Udo