-logo argument on Linux doesn't work?

Jeffrey J. Hallman-2
According to the AppDevGuide, this should work, and it obviously doesn't:

25!mralx2:/mra/prod/vwtest % setenv VISUALWORKS /mra/prod/vwtest
26!mralx2:/mra/prod/vwtest % cd /mra/prod/vwlocal/image
27!mralx2:/mra/prod/vwlocal/image % $VISUALWORKS/bin/linux86/visual -logo /mra/prod/mars/image/marssystem.bmp visual.im
VisualWorks(R) 7.5 Apr 15 2007
Fatal error: invalid load policy

usage: visual -className -gui -guilib guilib.so -h bytes -ieeefp -l policy -noherald -v -xq -z bytes -? imagefile.im

usage: visual [engine options] -=imagefile.im [image options]

Am I missing something?

Jeff

Re: -logo argument on Linux doesn't work?

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Jeff,

   as it says yu can turn off the logo but not supply a new one on teh command line.  But you can substitute another herald.so library.  If you have the VM sources tae a look at how the herald.so is written.  Yes its crap and it could be better and its my fault, but that's how it is right now.  If you want to substitute the logo you need a 4-bit bitmap and the workspace embedded in
 $(VISUALWORKS)/bin/src/makeplat/artwork/bits-vw50-e-4.h

According to the AppDevGuide, this should work, and it obviously doesn't:

25!mralx2:/mra/prod/vwtest % setenv VISUALWORKS /mra/prod/vwtest
26!mralx2:/mra/prod/vwtest % cd /mra/prod/vwlocal/image
27!mralx2:/mra/prod/vwlocal/image % $VISUALWORKS/bin/linux86/visual -logo /mra/prod/mars/image/marssystem.bmp visual.im
VisualWorks(R) 7.5 Apr 15 2007
Fatal error: invalid load policy

usage: visual -className -gui -guilib guilib.so -h bytes -ieeefp -l policy -noherald -v -xq -z bytes -? imagefile.im

usage: visual [engine options] -=imagefile.im [image options]

Am I missing something?

Jeff

RE: -logo argument on Linux doesn't work?

Stew MacLean
Hi Jeff,

I found that due to the cross platform differences in slash screen
configuration, it was easier to build this into my start up routine.

Please find attached the fileouts. You'll need to adapt them slightly,
but it simplifies cross platform packaging greatly.

HTH,

Stewart

SystemAbstract-openHeraldPopUp.st (1016 bytes) Download Attachment
HeraldWindow.st (5K) Download Attachment