logo switch

Gary Peterson-2
Hello All,

Anyone see what might be wrong with this logo switch?

This is windows. App starts fine, but no splash.

Have tried a variety of paths including:

----------

%vw% HelloWorld.im -logo "c:\work\Splash.bmp"

----------

 cd c:\work

%vw% HelloWorld.im -logo .Splash.bmp

----------

Thank you,

Gary P

Re: logo switch

Holger Kleinsorgen
Hello,

it's a command-line argument of the VM, not of the image:

%vw% -logo "c:\work\Splash.bmp" HelloWorld.im

Also, you might need to enable the logo in your image:
Evaluate
   ObjectMemory registerObject: true withEngineFor: 'showHerald
and then save the image.
If you are using the runtime package: Open the common options, go to "Details", and uncheck
  [ ] Supress splash screen and herald sound

Gary Peterson-2 wrote
Anyone see what might be wrong with this logo switch?

This is windows. App starts fine, but no splash.

Have tried a variety of paths including:

----------
%vw% HelloWorld.im -logo "c:\work\Splash.bmp"

----------

 cd c:\work

%vw% HelloWorld.im -logo .Splash.bmp

Re: logo switch

Steven Kelly
And while we're on the topic, if the bitmap displays but is corrupted
(e.g. inverse colours), we've found that opening and saving it with MS
Paint will correct the problem. I guess the VM only supports some of the
possible BMP formats, and just assumes those rather than checking all
the format info in the header.

Steve

Holger Kleinsorgen wrote Friday, August 2, 2013 10:15 AM

> it's a command-line argument of the VM, not of the image:
>
> %vw% -logo "c:\work\Splash.bmp" HelloWorld.im
>
> Also, you might need to enable the logo in your image:
> Evaluate
>    ObjectMemory registerObject: true withEngineFor: 'showHerald
> and then save the image.
> If you are using the runtime package: Open the common options, go to
> "Details", and uncheck
>   [ ] Supress splash screen and herald sound
>

> Gary Peterson-2 wrote
> > Anyone see what might be wrong with this logo switch?
> >
> > This is windows. App starts fine, but no splash.
> >
> > Have tried a variety of paths including:
> >
> > ----------
> > %vw% HelloWorld.im -logo "c:\work\Splash.bmp"
> >
> > ----------
> >
> >  cd c:\work
> >
> > %vw% HelloWorld.im -logo .Splash.bmp

Re: logo switch

Vincent Lesbros-2
it works in BMP 32 bits.

2013/8/2 Steven Kelly <[hidden email]>
And while we're on the topic, if the bitmap displays but is corrupted
(e.g. inverse colours), we've found that opening and saving it with MS
Paint will correct the problem. I guess the VM only supports some of the
possible BMP formats, and just assumes those rather than checking all
the format info in the header.

Steve

Holger Kleinsorgen wrote Friday, August 2, 2013 10:15 AM
> it's a command-line argument of the VM, not of the image:
>
> %vw% -logo "c:\work\Splash.bmp" HelloWorld.im
>
> Also, you might need to enable the logo in your image:
> Evaluate
>    ObjectMemory registerObject: true withEngineFor: 'showHerald
> and then save the image.
> If you are using the runtime package: Open the common options, go to
> "Details", and uncheck
>   [ ] Supress splash screen and herald sound
>

> Gary Peterson-2 wrote
> > Anyone see what might be wrong with this logo switch?
> >
> > This is windows. App starts fine, but no splash.
> >
> > Have tried a variety of paths including:

> > %vw% HelloWorld.im -logo "c:\work\Splash.bmp"

> >  cd c:\work
> >
> > %vw% HelloWorld.im -logo .Splash.bmp

Re: logo switch

Gary Peterson-2