logos proposals

sop soptwo

Hi all,

I'm new to aida. I previously worked with Seaside for small business, but I'm very seriously considering to switch to Aida/Web.

I think the new Logo proposals Nicolas Petton provided are very good. They look well with Swazoo logo (colors and proportions), they are attractive, modern and very communicative. They give a modern image to Aida/Web, which is good for promotion.

My favorite is the red one with the oak tree leaf.

What do others think about it?

Regards,

Seb

Re: logos proposals

Janko Mivšek
Hi Seb,

Welcome to the Aida community! I hope you'll enjoy among us!

About logos, yes, that "gold" one with leaf in the middle looks quite
interesting for me too. But let we look at them for a day or two to see
if it will "stay" nice.

Best regards
JAnko

sop soptwo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to aida. I previously worked with Seaside for small business, but I'm very seriously considering to switch to Aida/Web.
>
> I think the new Logo proposals Nicolas Petton provided are very good. They look well with Swazoo logo (colors and proportions), they are attractive, modern and very communicative. They give a modern image to Aida/Web, which is good for promotion.
>
> My favorite is the red one with the oak tree leaf.
>
> What do others think about it?
>
> Regards,
>
> Seb

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: logos proposals

Rob Rothwell
Please do sleep on it...I haven't been able to choose yet!

Rob

sop soptwo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to aida. I previously worked with Seaside for small business, but I'm very seriously considering to switch to Aida/Web.
>
> I think the new Logo proposals Nicolas Petton provided are very good. They look well with Swazoo logo (colors and proportions), they are attractive, modern and very communicative. They give a modern image to Aida/Web, which is good for promotion.
>
> My favorite is the red one with the oak tree leaf.
>
> What do others think about it?
>
> Regards,
>
> Seb

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: logos proposals

Rob Rothwell
I like this one (attached) because:

1.  Aida Web font:  Highly legible, pleasing.
2.  Tagline ("Smalltalk Web Application Server"):  Defines it.  Everything is "right there" instead of wondering what "Aida Web" is.
3.  Leaf.  Don't know what the purpose is, but it's integrated into the design without being overpowering.
4.  Color (Blue).  Maybe a little more feeling of wholeness, completion, helps with the feeling of integration?  Like...this will get the job done?

Just my thoughts,

Rob

AidaChoice.jpg (64K) Download Attachment

Re: logos proposals

Damir Horvat-2
Rob Rothwell wrote:
> I like this one (attached) because:
>
> 1.  Aida Web font:  Highly legible, pleasing.
> 2.  Tagline ("Smalltalk Web Application Server"):  Defines it.
>  Everything is "right there" instead of wondering what "Aida Web" is.
> 3.  Leaf.  Don't know what the purpose is, but it's integrated into the
> design without being overpowering.
> 4.  Color (Blue).  Maybe a little more feeling of wholeness, completion,
> helps with the feeling of integration?  Like...this will get the job done?

1. agree
2. i'm confused. on aidaweb.si:
- site title is "AIDA/Web Smalltalk Web Framework and Application server"
- h1 (or h2) title is "AIDA/Web, Smalltalk Web Application server"
- first line of text "AIDA/Web is a Smalltalk web application framework"

so what it realy is? a framework or a server? or both? Janko? IMO it;s
framework.

3. on picture with many logos - look at green one with leafs. if the
leaf would be turned around it could reasemble how objects are defined
in Smalltalk - they all descend from one root and way down from
eachother. just a tought.

4. i like the blue one to.

br,
damir

Re: logos proposals

Rob Rothwell
On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 2:07 AM, Damir <[hidden email]> wrote:
2. i'm confused. on aidaweb.si:
- site title is "AIDA/Web Smalltalk Web Framework and Application server"
- h1 (or h2) title is "AIDA/Web, Smalltalk Web Application server"
- first line of text "AIDA/Web is a Smalltalk web application framework"

so what it realy is? a framework or a server? or both? Janko? IMO it;s
framework.

Good point.  I guess I was just thinking that I liked there simply BEING a tagline, and that it was very legible.  But, having the RIGHT one is most important!

3. on picture with many logos - look at green one with leafs. if the
leaf would be turned around it could reasemble how objects are defined
in Smalltalk - they all descend from one root and way down from
eachother. just a tought.

That's an interesting thought.  I always felt like the old NASA logo was one of the very best.  Just with the right choice of font, and little else, they created a feeling and sense for what they were all about.

What sense/feeling is important to convey about Aida?  (I'm very new so I don't have very many answers besides clean?  simple? mature?)

Obviously the designer had something in mind from conversation with the client that led to the leaf design since it is so pervasive!

Fun conversation...

Rob