looking for a tutorial on sounds in Pharo

looking for a tutorial on sounds in Pharo

Grigory Hatsevich
Hi! I'm looking for a tutorial about sound generation in Pharo. I've found
"PharoSoundTutorial" (https://github.com/xmessner/PharoSoundTutorial) but
it is in French. Is there an English version of this tutorial or some
other English text about sounds in Pharo?

Re: looking for a tutorial on sounds in Pharo

kilon.alios
I have used the Sound library for my project ChronosManager to play back an alarm sound, its an easy to use library but quite powerful. Last time I checked could not get it working on Linux but it worked like a charm on MacOS and I think it worked well also on windows.

Is there something specific you are interested for ?

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 2:16 PM Grigory Hatsevich <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi! I'm looking for a tutorial about sound generation in Pharo. I've found
"PharoSoundTutorial" (https://github.com/xmessner/PharoSoundTutorial) but
it is in French. Is there an English version of this tutorial or some
other English text about sounds in Pharo?

Re: looking for a tutorial on sounds in Pharo

Grigory Hatsevich

I’m interested in using a computer as a musical instrument and a XXI-century tool to learn how to play and compose music.

First, I’d like to implement a Janko keyboard emulator in Pharo (like this one http://monxmood.free.fr/roche/roche.html, but with various customizations) – it is an alternative piano keyboard layout that is 12 times easier to learn to play because of its regular structure – unlike traditional piano keyboard layout. Demonstration of a real Janko piano: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK4REjqGc9w&t=4m

Also I see playing with note sequences as a good way to learn programming (for those who love music, like me).