looking for an author of a Beginning Pharo or related

looking for an author of a Beginning Pharo or related

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

We have been contacted by a (good) editor that would like to publish on Beginning Pharo or related.
I have a lot of material that I can give but no energy to write such book :)

If one of you in interested, let me know. I could even be a co-author.

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: looking for an author of a Beginning Pharo or related

Thomas Dupriez-2

Hello,

The timing of this mail is interesting, because just yesterday I stumbled on the "Free Software Needs Free Documentation" preface of the GDB documentation.

It's a dozen paragraph so not exactly a short read, but the gist of it is that the author urges other authors to use free documentation licenses for the documentations/manuals they are writing, so that they can be modified and grown by the community along with the free software they talk about.

I've attached the full version if some people are interested in reading it.

Sorry for this tangent, Stéphane. The timing was just too perfect. :)

Thomas

On 01/03/2019 08:09, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
Hi guys

We have been contacted by a (good) editor that would like to publish on Beginning Pharo or related.
I have a lot of material that I can give but no energy to write such book :)

If one of you in interested, let me know. I could even be a co-author.

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Free Software Needs Free Documentation.txt (6K) Download Attachment

France

Re: looking for an author of a Beginning Pharo or related

Ben Coman
Obviously its good to be circumspect at such an earlier stage,
but I can imagine a few "good" editors who publishing a book would really lend some legitimacy and exposure to Pharo.
That would be overall beneficial even if the book is not free.

Stef, I am interested to know more.

cheers -ben

France

Re: looking for an author of a Beginning Pharo or related

Stéphane Ducasse
Ok I will contact the editor telling that there are some wishes from the community to do something.
After we can brainstorm on what should be purpose and outline.

Stef

France