loose method prerequisites

Steve Waring-2
Hi,

If I move a method from being packaged to loose in a second package, it does
not appear that the original package prerequisites are being reset. The
problem comes about if that method, held the only reference to another
package. One side effect is that the second package will still show up as a
prerequiste in the PackagePrerequisitesShell, and if selected in the
TreeView, will cause a walkback.

Thanks,
Steve

Re: loose method prerequisites

Blair McGlashan
Steve

You wrote in message news:i81X5.152273$[hidden email]...

> If I move a method from being packaged to loose in a second package, it
does
> not appear that the original package prerequisites are being reset. The
> problem comes about if that method, held the only reference to another
> package. One side effect is that the second package will still show up as
> prerequiste in the PackagePrerequisitesShell, and if selected in the
> TreeView, will cause a walkback.

This bug should have been fixed by Patch Level 1, available via Live Update.
If you find that PL1 doesn't solve your problem, please report back.

Regards

Blair

Re: loose method prerequisites

Steve Waring-2
Hi Blair,

You are right, that patch had not been applied. The image *was* showing PL1,
but it looks like all the patches before the PersonalMoney.pac download were
applied, but not the patches after. I remember that the download of the
PersonalMoney.pac timed-out, and I got a walkback. I *think* I resumed that
frame, at which point the download was successful, the PersonalMoney package
was installed, and I just assumed that everything had gone OK.

I should have had a closer look, I'll install the rest by hand,
Thanks,
Steve

"Blair McGlashan" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:90ipp5$17jcr$[hidden email]...
> Steve
>
> You wrote in message news:i81X5.152273$[hidden email]...
> >
> > If I move a method from being packaged to loose in a second package, it
> does
> > not appear that the original package prerequisites are being reset. The
> > problem comes about if that method, held the only reference to another
> > package. One side effect is that the second package will still show up
as
> > prerequiste in the PackagePrerequisitesShell, and if selected in the
> > TreeView, will cause a walkback.
>
> This bug should have been fixed by Patch Level 1, available via Live
Update.
> If you find that PL1 doesn't solve your problem, please report back.
>
> Regards
>
> Blair

Re: loose method prerequisites

Blair McGlashan
Steve

"Steve Waring" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:Zu6X5.152555$[hidden email]...
> Hi Blair,
>
> You are right, that patch had not been applied. The image *was* showing
PL1,
> but it looks like all the patches before the PersonalMoney.pac download
were
> applied, but not the patches after. I remember that the download of the
> PersonalMoney.pac timed-out, and I got a walkback. I *think* I resumed
that
> frame, at which point the download was successful, the PersonalMoney
package
> was installed, and I just assumed that everything had gone OK.
>
> I should have had a closer look, I'll install the rest by hand,

If you evaluate:

    SessionManager current productDetails at: 5 put: 0

Then you should be able to reapply the patch in its entirety using Live
Update, since the image will think it has returned to PL0 (unpatched).

Regards

Blair