lost appliance creation instructions :(

EstebanLM
Hi Sean,
I'm trying (again) to create my own appliance with latest glass, and I lost your nice instructions... can you re-send them to me?

Cheers,
Esteban

Re: lost appliance creation instructions :(

SeanTAllen
Attached for posterity so everyone can see. Note that the gemtools
referenced in this document is out of date, but you could use as a
starting point.

Instructions dont deal with setting up lighttpd, apache or nginx to do
fast cgi or proxying.
If you want fast cgi, you would need to change the setup as this is
setup to use swazoo which you can proxy to
or if just doing testing, you can hit any of

http://localhost:9001/
http://localhost:9002/
http://localhost:9003/

glass appliance building.txt (8K) Download Attachment

Re: lost appliance creation instructions :(

EstebanLM
Tank you very much!

Cheers,
Esteban

El 03/05/2010, a las 12:12p.m., Sean Allen escribió:

> Attached for posterity so everyone can see. Note that the gemtools
> referenced in this document is out of date, but you could use as a
> starting point.
>
> Instructions dont deal with setting up lighttpd, apache or nginx to do
> fast cgi or proxying.
> If you want fast cgi, you would need to change the setup as this is
> setup to use swazoo which you can proxy to
> or if just doing testing, you can hit any of
>
> http://localhost:9001/
> http://localhost:9002/
> http://localhost:9003/
>
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Sean,
>> I'm trying (again) to create my own appliance with latest glass, and I lost your nice instructions... can you re-send them to me?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Esteban
> <glass appliance building.txt>

Re: lost appliance creation instructions :(

Dale
Sean,

I've uploaded (and wiki-ized) your instructions:

  http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/BuildYourOwnGLASSAppliance

Thank you very much,

Dale
----- "Sean Allen" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Attached for posterity so everyone can see. Note that the gemtools
| referenced in this document is out of date, but you could use as a
| starting point.
|
| Instructions dont deal with setting up lighttpd, apache or nginx to
| do
| fast cgi or proxying.
| If you want fast cgi, you would need to change the setup as this is
| setup to use swazoo which you can proxy to
| or if just doing testing, you can hit any of
|
| http://localhost:9001/
| http://localhost:9002/
| http://localhost:9003/
|
| On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Esteban Lorenzano
| <[hidden email]> wrote:
| > Hi Sean,
| > I'm trying (again) to create my own appliance with latest glass, and
| I lost your nice instructions... can you re-send them to me?
| >
| > Cheers,
| > Esteban

Re: lost appliance creation instructions :(

SeanTAllen
If anyone has any issues, hits any problems etc, drop me a line and
i'll see if i can help.

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 1:28 PM, Dale Henrichs
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sean,
>
> I've uploaded (and wiki-ized) your instructions:
>
>  http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/BuildYourOwnGLASSAppliance
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Dale
> ----- "Sean Allen" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> | Attached for posterity so everyone can see. Note that the gemtools
> | referenced in this document is out of date, but you could use as a
> | starting point.
> |
> | Instructions dont deal with setting up lighttpd, apache or nginx to
> | do
> | fast cgi or proxying.
> | If you want fast cgi, you would need to change the setup as this is
> | setup to use swazoo which you can proxy to
> | or if just doing testing, you can hit any of
> |
> | http://localhost:9001/
> | http://localhost:9002/
> | http://localhost:9003/
> |
> | On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Esteban Lorenzano
> | <[hidden email]> wrote:
> | > Hi Sean,
> | > I'm trying (again) to create my own appliance with latest glass, and
> | I lost your nice instructions... can you re-send them to me?
> | >
> | > Cheers,
> | > Esteban

Re: lost appliance creation instructions :(

Chris Curtis
Based on my experience so far, it would be useful to have documented somewhere the reasons (if any -- it seems like unnecessary/anachronistic complication to me) why you'd want to use FastCGI instead of straight proxying.

--chris

Re: lost appliance creation instructions :(

SeanTAllen
I would agree that fast cgi is unnecessary.