lost files

Tudor Girba-3
Hi,

I am using the latest version of Pier, and I noticed that the files
get lost after playing with them. The worst part was when I wanted to
replace a picture, the complete files folder got removed (the only
thing that is left is a folder named:
files/25/wdenhhtcc8zn82to8vs8lbh4iijkxt).

I would say this is a bug. Or did I get something wronng?

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.tudorgirba.com/blog

"To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."

Re: lost files

Lukas Renggli-2
> I am using the latest version of Pier, and I noticed that the files
> get lost after playing with them. The worst part was when I wanted
> to replace a picture, the complete files folder got removed (the
> only thing that is left is a folder named:
> files/25/wdenhhtcc8zn82to8vs8lbh4iijkxt).
>
> I would say this is a bug. Or did I get something wronng?

Deleting old uploads from the filesystem was a suggested patch a few
months ago. I fixed a bug causing Magritte to clean up a little bit
too much:

        Name: Magritte-Model-lr.301
        Author: lr
        Time: 18 November 2007, 10:36:47 am
        UUID: fe3ed783-e756-499b-a137-ab733ae13dbf
        Ancestors: Magritte-Model-lr.300

        - fixed a bug when finalizing file-model

I observed several other problems with the cleanup procedure. I
suggest that we remove it from Magritte, I guess it is not worth the
trouble.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli