macintosh carbon VM 4.0.1b1U

johnmci
I've pushed out a 4.0.1b1U macintosh carbon VM that is Closure
compiler aware with Alien Support.

It can be found via
http://smalltalkconsulting.com/squeak.html

I also reviewed updated, and added the majority of the plugins that
have built over the years to support the VM and Sophie
since the Pharo team is now using the extended clipboard plugin for
unicode aware clipboard logic and there has been confusing
about where the plugin is.

The ones I added are:

ClipboardExtendedPlugin.bundle Extended clipboard support so you can
fetch anything from the mac os-x clipboard if you can interpreter the
bytes.
CurlPlugin.bundle Curl Support
KedamaPlugin.bundle
KedamaPlugin2.bundle
OggPlugin.bundle Ogg Support
RomePlugin.bundle
SerialExtendedUnixPlugin.bundle Extended os-x serial port support
SparklePlugin.bundle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparkle_(software)

On the VM side  the changes are:

(a) Reference Mantis 0006987: signed32BitValueOf:, signed64BitValueOf:
etc. broken
However I had earlier patched that code base in the 3.8.21x series so
the issues involved have been fixed for some time.

(b) Updated SocketPlugin for IPv6 primitives.

(c) Reference Mantis 0007327: Bug in BitBlt: rgbMin and other set
alpha to 0

(d) Changes to how SqueakUnTrustedDirectory and SqueakTrustedDirectory
path names are resolved to support EToys On A Stick

--
=
=

Re: [squeak-dev] macintosh carbon VM 4.0.1b1U

johnmci
It's backward compatible to images long ago, for example when I do my
final bytecode/second speed test, did I break anything smoke test
before shipping, I do that with a squeak 3.0 Feb 4th 2001 image.

As for loading the closure changes, well the Pharo folks are busy
working on and supporting a Pharo Closure image
http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1299

For the squeak stuff, a 3.11
http://ftp.squeak.org/3.11/

I don't think it's as simple as going to squeakssource and doing a load.

--
=
=
John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>
=
=
=

Re: macintosh carbon VM 4.0.1b1U

Thanks ***a lot*** john.
About Alien support can you tell us more?
This means that there are some new primitives and that the alien code
would be just needed on the smalltalk side

On 9-Apr-09, at 11:50 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Thanks ***a lot*** john.
> About Alien support can you tell us more?
> This means that there are some new primitives and that the alien code
> would be just needed on the smalltalk side

Nothing has changed I just point out it's in the macintosh carbon VM,
But I don't believe anyone has built
a Windows or Linux VM that works with it.

It's all documented at http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6100
--
=
=