magma on squeak trunk

radoslav hodnicak

Hello,

is Magma supported/working on the Squeak trunk images?

I've installed r43final from SS into my trunk image (update 9308) and I
get this error when trying to create a new database (happens with r44beta2
too)

MagmaUserError: Invalid reference, an object may not change during
serialization.

rado

stack trace

[] in [] in [] in MaCommitLogEntry>>linkObjectModel
Dictionary>>at:ifAbsent:
[] in [] in MaCommitLogEntry>>linkObjectModel
MaFixedObjectBuffer(MaObjectBuffer)>>instVarsDoWithIndex:
[] in MaCommitLogEntry>>linkObjectModel
[] in MaCommitPackage>>objectsDo:
[] in MaSerializedGraphBuffer>>buffersDo:
MaSerializedGraphBuffer>>bufferPositionsDo:
MaSerializedGraphBuffer>>buffersDo:
MaCommitPackage>>objectsDo:
MaCommitLogEntry>>linkObjectModel
MaCommitLogEntry>>link
[] in MaObjectRepository>>write:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
[] in Mutex>>critical:
[] in Semaphore>>critical:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Semaphore>>critical:
Mutex>>critical:
MaObjectRepository>>commitCritical:
MaObjectRepository>>write:
MaObjectRepository>>submitAll:for:beginAnother:
[] in MagmaRepositoryController>>forceWritePackage:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
MagmaRepositoryController>>forceWritePackage:
MagmaRepositoryController>>forceWrite:
MagmaRepositoryController>>createRepositoryAt:
MagmaRepositoryController class>>create:
MagmaRepositoryController class>>create:root:

Re: magma on squeak trunk

Chris Muller-3
On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 7:36 AM, radoslav hodnicak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is Magma supported/working on the Squeak trunk images?

Not yet, but it is something I'm working on these days.  3.11 is a
moving target where even the text-editors don't work correctly from
day to day!  Have you tried to open a File List in the latest trunk
image?

> I've installed r43final from SS into my trunk image (update 9308) and I get
> this error when trying to create a new database (happens with r44beta2 too)

I suggest installing the latest r44 images.  Despite the alpha
designation, they only have a couple of fixes over r43.

> MagmaUserError: Invalid reference, an object may not change during
> serialization.

This error suggests an application problem, however it may be due to
something new in the 3.11 image..

 - Chris