magritte forms for elements in a collection

magritte forms for elements in a collection

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I have the following use case that I want to solve using Magritte. I have entities that have Magritte descriptions. If I have one entity, I can nicely edit its description, and when I press Save, it changes the values from the entities.

Now, I also have collections of entities that have the same descriptions I would like to use the rendering of Magritte to edit the values for all entities in the collection and when I press Save it should change the values for all entities. Is there any direct support for something like that?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Yesterday is a fact.
 Tomorrow is a possibility.
 Today is a challenge."

Re: magritte forms for elements in a collection

Lukas Renggli
I discussed this with Doru offline and my suggestion was to edit an
MAAdaptiveModel with the common descriptions of all the objects. And
afterwards iterate over the objects and the descriptions and apply all
values from the MAAdaptiveModel instance to the objects.

Lukas

On 12 July 2011 20:55, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the following use case that I want to solve using Magritte. I have entities that have Magritte descriptions. If I have one entity, I can nicely edit its description, and when I press Save, it changes the values from the entities.
>
> Now, I also have collections of entities that have the same descriptions I would like to use the rendering of Magritte to edit the values for all entities in the collection and when I press Save it should change the values for all entities. Is there any direct support for something like that?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com