maintenance gem stuck

otto
Hello,

We've run into some problems with our maintenance process. It turned
out that the machine we were running on is virtualised and ran out of
capacity. Don't think it had much to do with us though. In our quest
to figure out what is going on, we found that expiring seaside
handlers was taking quite some time here (kill -USR1 <pid> to the
rescue):

1  RcCounter >> _calculateValue @IP 24  [GsMethod 12517889]
2  RcCounter >> value @IP 18  [GsMethod 12517121]
3  WARcLastAccessEntry >> isExpired:updating: @IP 13  [GsMethod 116831745]

I attach more details if you're interested.

Cheers
Otto

Re: maintenance gem stuck

Dale Henrichs
Otto,

It looks like it might be time for a #cleanupCounter ... #cleanupCounter eliminates bunches of invalid sessions and that might be the root cause of the long _calculateValue ...

Dale