make WAWalkbackErrorHandler

EstebanLM
Hi,

So, I’m in Togo teaching Pharo and Seaside to students, and part of the course is to make a small application (they have 3 days for doing it). The first blocking issue they have is that since default error handler is WAHtmlErrorHandler they are lost each time they made a simple mistake (WAHtmlErrorHandler eats rendering problems, for example… or just shows DNU without saying anything.
And of course showing the students the configuration interfase is overkill :)

Now, since the default registration includes the toolbar, meaning than by default we have a “development app” (A correct approach, IMO), I wonder if we couldn’t put WAWalkbackErrorHandler as default as well? (I remember previous versions of Seaside had it, but it had changed since then).

cheers,
Esteban

Re: make WAWalkbackErrorHandler

Thomas Heniart
Hi Esteban,

I do it by going to "localhost:YourPort/", then I click on Configure in the right panel just below Browse and then I check
"Allow debugging of errors" and in this case all applications you will register use WAWalkbackErrorHandler
Maybe there is an automatic way to do it but I didn't found :/

Cheers,
Thomas

So, I’m in Togo teaching Pharo and Seaside to students, and part of the course is to make a small application (they have 3 days for doing it). The first blocking issue they have is that since default error handler is WAHtmlErrorHandler they are lost each time they made a simple mistake (WAHtmlErrorHandler eats rendering problems, for example… or just shows DNU without saying anything.
And of course showing the students the configuration interfase is overkill :)

Now, since the default registration includes the toolbar, meaning than by default we have a “development app” (A correct approach, IMO), I wonder if we couldn’t put WAWalkbackErrorHandler as default as well? (I remember previous versions of Seaside had it, but it had changed since then).

cheers,
Esteban

Re: make WAWalkbackErrorHandler default

EstebanLM
Hi Thomas,

I know how to do it :)
I’m talking about students: *they* don’t know and is a pity. I want it to be default because then they can debug their programs without needing to learn the configuration interfase (which we all know is not very… easy to use). Also my argument is: default installation is already prepared for development (hence the toolbar at the bottom), so… why not to prepare it completely for development by making WAWalkbackErrorHandler default?

 Esteban

ps: added “default” in subject because I obviously forget that this morning :)

On 23 Dec 2015, at 10:02, Thomas Heniart <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Johan Brichau-2
Yes, that’s indeed a sensible default. I changed it for 3.2.0 now.

Mind that the Seaside Welcome >> Basic Configuration has an option to check: "Allow debugging of errors”
So, no need to dive into the more advanced configuration for that.

cheers
Johan