make it popular, make it work, make it better

1 message Options

make it popular, make it work, make it better

empty
hi,

Anyone who build his work in Smalltalk would sometime think about the future of this language so here is some of mine. Informally.

Socializing. The secrete of success being make it popular first, then make it work, then better. Squeak/Smalltalk already works perfect in many fields so every efforts would now be making it popular.  The keyword is socializing it. Scratch is a good example of how popular a Smalltalk could have been. I think we what we can do includes:
1 A social book for Squeak. May we call it Squeak by Social. It would be open and covering all topics in time and ever growing along with a growing society.
2 Integrating the book into Squeak environment.
3 Reuse the ever existing socializing elements inside Squeak and improve them towards social. It's not difficult to enable irc inside Squeak and make author's of pieces of code connected social way.
4 Living the resulted Squeak environment on web (now that we have had Seaside for a long time)
5 Build social right inside Squeak IDE.
6 Popularity first. Turn on Git/GAE/Buzz/Twitter/Facebook first. Make it easiest way for social living. More people come and stay and we will enjoy more good things.

Thanks for reading.

Best regards,

empt
南無佛 南無法 南無僧