making Apache serve .mcz files in the proper mode

making Apache serve .mcz files in the proper mode

FDominicus
Well I have run into a strange problem using Linux.
I've prepared a directory on my Server to hold .mcz files.
So far so good.

Now with Pharo 1.3 this files are properly loaded and save.
with 1.4 I got errors about readStream that is nil
or an bitOr: missing in Character.

Someone wrote the .mcz file must be served as zip files.
If I'm running file on an .mcz file this is properly recogniced:
WebContfakt-FriedrichDominicus.76.mcz:               Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to extract

but apache seems to serve this files as text.

I checked the first few bytes of the .mcz files and
found: PK\C\D that is PK\3\4

I modified the magic file for apache to cope with it:
0               string                  PK\003\004              application/x-zip

But still I run into trouble. So does anyone know how to properly
configure Apache 2 that this files are properly served?

Thanks
Friedrich

Re: making Apache serve .mcz files in the proper mode

Olivier Auverlot
Hi Friedrich,

I installed a monticello repository on a Linux server with Apache.  I hadn't to modify the "magic" file.

I modified the file named "default", defined a virtual host and activated WebDAV.

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost

        AddType application/x-monticello mcz

        DocumentRoot /var/www
        <Directory />
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None
        </Directory>
        <Directory /var/www/>
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>

        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
        <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
                AllowOverride None
                Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

        ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log

        # alert, emerg.
        LogLevel warn

        CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

DAVMinTimeout 600
DAVDepthInfinity On

<Directory /var/www/monticello>
DAV on
 AuthName "Depot Pharo"
 AuthType Basic
 AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/htpasswd-monticello
<Limit GET PUT POST DELETE PROPFIND PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
  Require valid-user
 </Limit>
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

Best regards
Olivier ;-)

www.auverlot.fr

Le 10 juil. 2012 à 15:32, Friedrich Dominicus a écrit :

> Well I have run into a strange problem using Linux.
> I've prepared a directory on my Server to hold .mcz files.
> So far so good.
>
> Now with Pharo 1.3 this files are properly loaded and save.
> with 1.4 I got errors about readStream that is nil
> or an bitOr: missing in Character.
>
> Someone wrote the .mcz file must be served as zip files.
> If I'm running file on an .mcz file this is properly recogniced:
> WebContfakt-FriedrichDominicus.76.mcz:               Zip archive data, at least v2.0 to extract
>

> but apache seems to serve this files as text.
>
> I checked the first few bytes of the .mcz files and
> found: PK\C\D that is PK\3\4
>
> I modified the magic file for apache to cope with it:
> 0               string                  PK\003\004              application/x-zip
>
> But still I run into trouble. So does anyone know how to properly
> configure Apache 2 that this files are properly served?
>
> Thanks
> Friedrich

Re: making Apache serve .mcz files in the proper mode

FDominicus
Thanks I will try it with  you Additon to the Directory of the
repositories.

Friedrich