making DLLCC calls from ImageConfigurationSubsystem

1 message Options

making DLLCC calls from ImageConfigurationSubsystem

Charles A. Monteiro-2
it seems that making a DLLCC call from the ImageConfigurationSystems
activation hangs the system, well at least the UI process. I made sure to
make the ExternalAccessSystem a pre-req.

Specifically, I am using the NakedWindows functionality which amounts to
changing the windowType to #popUp in the postBuildWith: and then sending
#makeNaked to the apps window in postOpenWith:, #makeNaked makes the DLLCC
call.

This is of course at startup of my packaged image, mind you "not"
stripped. If I do not use the #makeNaked call i.e. including not changing
the windowType the ImageConfigurationSystem will activate normally. load
all my parcels etc. Oh by the way what I am doing is that I have an
extended "Notice" which displays the progress of the parcels being loaded
in.

any ideas?

tia,
--