Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

making a voice recording

Chris Muller-4
I just know I've used the voice-recorder before and it worked.

But now I'm trying to record a phrase and getting garbled results.  It's strange -- it's definitely my voice but as if the recording is missing lots of short sections..

I went all the way back to a stock Squeak 3.8 with the 2202 VM.  It had the same problem.  Which makes me wonder whether there's something wrong with my Linux driver?  But Ubuntu's voice recorder seems to work fine..

Is the in-image voice recorder (found in the object catalog) working for anybody?

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: making a voice recording

LawsonEnglish
I think the FunSqueak version works.

L.

On 1/28/12 2:55 PM, Chris Muller wrote:
I just know I've used the voice-recorder before and it worked.

But now I'm trying to record a phrase and getting garbled results.  It's strange -- it's definitely my voice but as if the recording is missing lots of short sections..

I went all the way back to a stock Squeak 3.8 with the 2202 VM.  It had the same problem.  Which makes me wonder whether there's something wrong with my Linux driver?  But Ubuntu's voice recorder seems to work fine..

Is the in-image voice recorder (found in the object catalog) working for anybody?

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: making a voice recording

Edgar De Cleene
In reply to this post by Chris Muller-4
Re: [squeak-dev] making a voice recording

On 1/28/12 7:55 PM, "Chris Muller" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yes, on Mac and in some of my FunSqueak series.

Buried in end of “vacaciones”, but I check the recipe ASAP, stay tuned.
Just one of the long list ToDo is start a Ubuntu machine as SqueakRos community server  , so seems we need learn a lot of you :=)

Edgar

Reply | Threaded
|

Linux audio (was Re: [squeak-dev] making a voice recording)

Bert Freudenberg
In reply to this post by Chris Muller-4
On 28.01.2012, at 13:55, Chris Muller wrote:

> I just know I've used the voice-recorder before and it worked.
>
> But now I'm trying to record a phrase and getting garbled results.  It's strange -- it's definitely my voice but as if the recording is missing lots of short sections..
>
> I went all the way back to a stock Squeak 3.8 with the 2202 VM.  It had the same problem.  Which makes me wonder whether there's something wrong with my Linux driver?  But Ubuntu's voice recorder seems to work fine..

Yes, Linux sound evolved while the Squeak VM didn't quite keep up. But recently Ian has been looking at this again.

You may have more luck with Derek's vm-pulse-audio module:

http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9527

- Bert -