managing external package with metacello

managing external package with metacello

Stéphane Ducasse
mariano

I was thinking about the problem of managing pharo with metacello
we should start with the simple ones: the ones we removed from the system
        - Sounds
        - LedMorph
        - MorphicExamples
        - (ArchiveViewer)

Then check the packages that are shared. May be we can also publish metacello descriptions to load them.
and we republish them when they changed. For example for OB I think that lukas publish in squeaksource
the latest version colin ships as sar files. So we can publish in the OBSqueakSouce (not sure that this is good)
or in pharo a ConfigurationOfOB

Re: managing external package with metacello

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 8:51 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
mariano

I was thinking about the problem of managing pharo with metacello
we should start with the simple ones: the ones we removed from the system
       - Sounds
       - LedMorph
       - MorphicExamples
       - (ArchiveViewer)

I am agree. Those are the easier.

Then check the packages that are shared. May be we can also publish metacello descriptions to load them.
and we republish them when they changed.

Yes, my idea is to publish all the ConfigurationOf... not in their own repositories, but in MetacelloRepository.

For example for OB I think that lukas publish in squeaksource
the latest version colin ships as sar files. So we can publish in the OBSqueakSouce (not sure that this is good)
or in pharo a ConfigurationOfOB

I think we can create a ConfigurationOfOB, published in MetacelloRepository  (like the other projects) and putting pharo specific in spec for: #pharo   and not in spec for: #common (checking of  course what goes to what).

Cheers,

Mariano

Re: managing external package with metacello

Stéphane Ducasse
excellent!

Stef