mapping developers expertise to source code entities

mapping developers expertise to source code entities

Fabrizio Perin
Hi,
someone can tell me if there is some Moose related tool that i can use to map the expertise of the developers to the source code entities? Kumpel maybe is suitable? Thanks.

Cheers,

Fabrizio Perin
Institut fuer Mathematik und Informatik
University Bern, IAM-SCG
Neubrueckstrasse 10
CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland
Tel: +41 31 511 76 36
FAX: +41 31 631 33 55

Re: mapping developers expertise to source code entities

Stéphane Ducasse

On Oct 7, 2011, at 2:06 PM, Fabrizio Perin wrote:

> Hi,
> someone can tell me if there is some Moose related tool that i can use to map the expertise of the developers to the source code entities? Kumpel maybe is suitable? Thanks.

how do you capture expertise?
Because this is the first point to reply.

> Fabrizio Perin
> Institut fuer Mathematik und Informatik
> University Bern, IAM-SCG
> Neubrueckstrasse 10
> CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland
> Tel: +41 31 511 76 36
> FAX: +41 31 631 33 55

Re: mapping developers expertise to source code entities

Fabrizio Perin
Hi,
>From your answer i guess there are no moose tools to do that. Well, i found several publication about the argument. Let say that i would work in the direction of Implementation expertise, by checking who committed what on a repo. I will check deeper about the argument in literature before to go ahead. I will let you know. Thanks.

Cheers,