material for thought

1 message Options

material for thought

Stéphane Ducasse
Lessons learned by the seaside lead!
        from http://blog.fitzell.ca/2010/07/seaside-3-release-candidate.html

• When your wonderful, dedicated users start putting your code into production, they're telling you it's ready to be released. Listen to them.
• We don't have the manpower to carry out the kind of QA process that goes along with an Development, Alpha, Beta, RC, Final release process.
• We need to figure out how to get more users actively involved in the project. This could be by writing code but probably more importantly by writing documentation, improving usability, building releases, managing the website, doing graphical design, or something else entirely. The small core team simply can't handle it all.

I think that the point three concern .... you :)
If you want really pharo to be a success you should from time to time step back from your keyboard and think
about the little actions that you can do to make pharo better and we all can do something.