memory consumption of admingcgem

NorbertHartl
I was seeing a permanent increase in memory usage on our server the past weeks. Yesterday it got up to 17GB memory usage so I was investigating it. What I found is that the admingcgem had an RSS (residential set size) memory value of approx. 11GB. I know determine real memory consumption in linux is hard but RSS tells at least that the memory is associated with that process. After restarting the stone the RSS dropped down to 300M.
I have no idea if something I did could cause this increase in memory.

Any ideas?

Norbert

Re: memory consumption of admingcgem

Dale Henrichs
Norbert,

Back in October we found a couple of memory leak in some of the gc algorithms for 3.1.0.1 that are likely the cause of the growth you are seeing. Fixes will be available in 3.1.0.2, which will be available shortly. Until then restarting your admingcgem when it gets too big is the solution ...

These leaks may also affect a long running maintenance vm...

Dale

| I was seeing a permanent increase in memory usage on our server the
| past weeks. Yesterday it got up to 17GB memory usage so I was
| investigating it. What I found is that the admingcgem had an RSS
| (residential set size) memory value of approx. 11GB. I know
| determine real memory consumption in linux is hard but RSS tells at
| least that the memory is associated with that process. After
| restarting the stone the RSS dropped down to 300M.
| I have no idea if something I did could cause this increase in
| memory.
|

| Any ideas?
|

| Norbert

Key files for Gemstone 3.1

Larry Kellogg
Hello,
  I have started in on the task of upgrading my Gemstone 2.4.4.1 GLASS server to 3.1.0.1. I see that my key files from 2.4.4.1 will not work under 3.1. How do I get a key file for the free tier of 3.1?

  Regards,

  Larry

Re: Key files for Gemstone 3.1

Monty Williams-3
Click on the word "keyfile" on http://seaside.gemstone.com and pick the appropriate one for your OS. The ones with no version number in the name are 2.x, 3.x is labeled as such.

-- Monty

Re: Key files for Gemstone 3.1

James Foster-8
You should also be able to find one at $GEMSTONE/seaside/etc/gemstone.key.

James

On Dec 7, 2012, at 7:26 AM, Monty Williams wrote:

> Click on the word "keyfile" on http://seaside.gemstone.com and pick the appropriate one for your OS. The ones with no version number in the name are 2.x, 3.x is labeled as such.
>
> -- Monty

Re: Key files for Gemstone 3.1

Larry Kellogg