memory footprint

Günther Schmidt
Hi,

how can I check the memory foot print on a running application?

Günther

Re: memory footprint

Fernando Rodríguez
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:41:42 +0200, Günther Schmidt
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>how can I check the memory foot print on a running application?

Windows TaskManager?

Re: memory footprint

Günther Schmidt
Fernando wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:41:42 +0200, Günther Schmidt
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>how can I check the memory foot print on a running application?
>

> Windows TaskManager?

Sorry,

I meant how much memory my dolphin smalltalk application consumes.
I'd like to monitor it so I can decide wheter or not I'll need to use proxies.

Günther

Re: memory footprint

Chris Uppal-3
Günther,

> I meant how much memory my dolphin smalltalk application consumes.
> I'd like to monitor it so I can decide wheter or not I'll need to use
> proxies.

I'd say that's exactly what Window's Task Manager will tell you.  Look in the
"Processes" tab, and then choose View=>Select Columns... from the menu.

Me, I always have TM running, and I have 14 columns turned on by default.

<plug>
If you do need a more detailed information about the memory use in your image,
then my "Space Breakdown" tool, may provide the data you want.  Or there again,
it may not...
</plug>

    -- chris

Re: memory footprint

Janos Kazsoki
Günther,

you may want to check some useful free tools from
http://www.sysinternals.com/index.shtml

Look into the WIndows 95/98/ME Utilities, and the Process Explorer.

It gave mee all necessary deails about the running processes.

Regards,
Janos