merging latest polymorph

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi adrian

I got some problems when merging the latest polymorph (_ fixes).
I got conflicts when there should be none. I simply got revision
changed.
Did you already experience that?

Re: merging latest polymorph

Damien Cassou
On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Stéphane
Ducasse<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi adrian
>
> I got some problems when merging the latest polymorph (_ fixes).
> I got conflicts when there should be none. I simply got revision
> changed.
> Did you already experience that?

You may want to try _loading_ again the version from the Pharo
repository and then _merging_ with the other repository.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: merging latest polymorph

Stéphane Ducasse
Ok I will try

What I did was to click on all the use incoming version and at the end
(at 5 left items)
it just looped for ever. I had the redo the use incoming version but
the number of conflicts
stayed the same for ever 5.
So far I could merge Polymorph-Widgets-gvc.70 but not Polymorph-
Widgets-gvc.71

Stef

On Aug 5, 2009, at 12:08 PM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Stéphane
> Ducasse<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi adrian
>>
>> I got some problems when merging the latest polymorph (_ fixes).
>> I got conflicts when there should be none. I simply got revision
>> changed.
>> Did you already experience that?
>
> You may want to try _loading_ again the version from the Pharo
> repository and then _merging_ with the other repository.
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: merging latest polymorph

Adrian Lienhard
Stef,

I had the same problem and in addition I got a debugger each time I
klicked into a text pane after merging Polimorph-Widgets. I added a
note in http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=1003.

Gary replied: "Always best to merge the new versions since some
differences between Squeak and Pharo ;-)".

I reopened issue 1003.

Adrian

On Aug 5, 2009, at 12:22 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Ok I will try
>
> What I did was to click on all the use incoming version and at the end
> (at 5 left items)
> it just looped for ever. I had the redo the use incoming version but
> the number of conflicts
> stayed the same for ever 5.
> So far I could merge Polymorph-Widgets-gvc.70 but not Polymorph-
> Widgets-gvc.71
>
> Stef
>
> On Aug 5, 2009, at 12:08 PM, Damien Cassou wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Stéphane
>> Ducasse<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi adrian
>>>
>>> I got some problems when merging the latest polymorph (_ fixes).
>>> I got conflicts when there should be none. I simply got revision
>>> changed.
>>> Did you already experience that?
>>
>> You may want to try _loading_ again the version from the Pharo
>> repository and then _merging_ with the other repository.
>>
>> --
>> Damien Cassou
>> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>>
>> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
>> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: merging latest polymorph

Gary Chambers-4
Strange, I had no problem merging (the conflicts were mostly the underscore
fixes, using incoming worked for me for all of them).

Regards, Gary