metacello installation and use help?

LawsonEnglish
  hey does anyone know where I can find a copy of metacello for squeak
that uses this method?
#duplicateClassWithNewName

I install metacello as per the instructions on this page
http://code.google.com/p/metacello/wiki/CreateMetacelloConfiguration
and then step one is a fail

Thanks, lawson

Re: metacello installation and use help?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Lawson English-2 wrote
  hey does anyone know where I can find a copy of metacello for squeak
that uses this method?
#duplicateClassWithNewName
The method in Pharo is Class>>duplicateClassWithNewName:

Since I was right there, I filed it out for you - Class-duplicateClassWithNewName.st.

It works in Squeak 4.1 e.g. "OrderedCollection duplicateClassWithNewName: 'CopyOfOrderedCollection'"

HTH,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

  On 9/7/10 4:06 PM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Lawson English-2 wrote:
>>    hey does anyone know where I can find a copy of metacello for squeak
>> that uses this method?
>> #duplicateClassWithNewName
>>
> The method in Pharo is Class>>duplicateClassWithNewName:
>
> Since I was right there, I filed it out for you -
> http://forum.world.st/file/n2530556/Class-duplicateClassWithNewName.st
> Class-duplicateClassWithNewName.st .
>
> It works in Squeak 4.1 e.g. "OrderedCollection duplicateClassWithNewName:
> 'CopyOfOrderedCollection'"

So I need to install that for 4.1, right? AT this point there's no such
method in 4.1...

Lawson

Re: metacello installation and use help?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Lawson English-2 wrote
So I need to install that for 4.1, right? AT this point there's no such
method in 4.1...
Yes, I thought that's what you were asking i.e. "this method does not exist, where do I get it?"
So if you file in the .st I attached, you will then have this method in Squeak 4.1.

Sean
Cheers,
Sean