method icons

Ted Bracht-2
Hi,

Have the method icons changed between version 3 and 4? As I can remember it,
we used to have a green blob for a public method, a red blob for a private
method and a message balloon with a question mark for a deprecated method.
Did we also have a red cross for a method with a compilation error? In
version 4 I can find the green blob and red blob with an 'm' in them, and
yellow blobs with either a red triangle or a cross in them. I'm asking
because it seems that if you have both version 3 and version 4 installed,
the version 3 icons are replaced by the version 4 ones?

Thanks,

Ted

Re: method icons

Blair McGlashan
Ted

You wrote in message news:90r0mf$1ufun$[hidden email]...

> Have the method icons changed between version 3 and 4?

No.

>.... I'm asking
> because it seems that if you have both version 3 and version 4 installed,
> the version 3 icons are replaced by the version 4 ones?

The icons come out of the Dolphin resources DLL. This has a different
filename in version 4 (DolphinDR004.DLL as opposed to DolphinDR993.dll) and
is installed into the Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 directory, which is unlikely to
be searched by D3, so therefore I would think that very unlikely.

On the other hand, if you have saved resources that reference icons etc in
DR993, then these will be automatically "upgraded" to reference DR004 by the
resource library aliasing mechanism.

Regards

Blair

Re: method icons

Chris Uppal-2
Blair McGlashan wrote:

> > Have the method icons changed between version 3 and 4?
>
> No.

FWIW, "deprecated" and "syntax error" methods both have as question mark
icons in D3 on my W98, NT and W2K machines.  It seems that the intended
icons aren't found, I don't know why.

It works OK in D4, though.

    -- chris

Re: method icons

Ted Bracht-2
"Chris Uppal" <[hidden email]> wrote in
message news:[hidden email]...

> Blair McGlashan wrote:
> > >
> > > Have the method icons changed between version 3 and 4?
> >
> > No.
>
> FWIW, "deprecated" and "syntax error" methods both have as question mark
> icons in D3 on my W98, NT and W2K machines.  It seems that the intended
> icons aren't found, I don't know why.

Thanks Chris, I thought my memory had gone. I was sure they were question
marks in version 3, and now they appear as red triangle and red cross both
in version 3 and version 4..... Spooky

Ted