methods equivalently defined in superclass

methods equivalently defined in superclass

Stéphane Ducasse
I imagine that we could fix that too :)

Check for methods that are equivalent to their superclass methods.
Such methods don't add anything to the computation and can be removed
since the superclass's method will work just fine.

ParseNode>>#isComplex
ParseNode>>#isLiteral
Project>>#windowActiveOnFirstClick
SortedCollectionTest>>#testIfNotEmptyifEmpty
SortedCollectionTest>>#testIfNotEmptyDoifNotEmpty
SortedCollectionTest>>#testIfNotEmptyDo
SortedCollectionTest>>#testIfNotEmpty
SortedCollectionTest>>#testIsEmpty
SortedCollectionTest>>#testIsEmptyOrNil
SortedCollectionTest>>#testIfEmptyifNotEmpty
SortedCollectionTest>>#testIfEmptyifNotEmptyDo
ClockMorph>>#stepTime
SqueakInstvarInterfaceExtractor>>#popIntoTemporaryVariable:
SqueakInstvarInterfaceExtractor>>#storeIntoTemporaryVariable:
SqueakInstvarInterfaceExtractor>>#storeIntoLiteralVariable:
DialogWindow>>#newText:
MCDependentsWrapper>>#item
OBCmdRenameCat>>#group
Integer>>#printOn:base:
StringSocketStream>>#shrinkInBuf
FloatingBookControlsMorph>>#stepTime
OBCmdViewChanges>>#group
OBMonticelloClassCategoryNode>>#isDescendantOfClass:
OBMultipleSelectionColumnPanel>>#emptyColumn
PluggableListItemWrapper>>#item
DisplayObject>>#isTransparent
FreeTypeEmbeddedFileInfo>>#familyGroupName
ProgressInitiationException>>#isResumable
TableMorph>>#preferredCornerStyle
RBPseudoNode>>#isBlock
LintRule>>#initialize
SetTest>>#test0TSizeTest
SetTest>>#testSize
UIThemeStandardSqueak>>#dockingBarNormalFillStyleFor:
OBPluggableCommand>>#takesNodes
OBPluggableCommand>>#group
PluggableTreeItemNode>>#item
RBToken>>#isLiteral
UIThemeWatery2>>#controlButtonMouseOverFillStyleFor:
AbstractType>>#initialize
OBCmdCheckRecentStatus>>#group
WeakKeyDictionary>>#scanFor:
UPStable>>#changeUser:withPassword:toHavePassword:andNewEmail:
UPStable>>#addUser:withPassword:andEmail:
IslandVMTweaksTestCase>>#someObject
PostscriptCanvas>>#fillRectangle:fillStyle:
OBMonticelloPackageNode>>#isDescendantOfClass:
OBMMethodInvocationQuery>>#keyWord
FormCanvas>>#fillRectangle:fillStyle:
OBCmdSearchGroupClassRefs>>#group
FreeTypeFileInfo>>#familyGroupName
OBCmdToggleBreak>>#group
UIThemeSoftSqueak>>#tasklistFillStyleFor:
UIThemeSoftSqueak>>#buttonPanelNormalFillStyleFor:
UIThemeSoftSqueak>>#progressBarFillStyleFor:
UIThemeSoftSqueak>>#taskbarFillStyleFor:
UIThemeSoftSqueak>>#dockingBarNormalFillStyleFor:
UIThemeSoftSqueak>>#progressBarProgressFillStyleFor:
UIThemeSoftSqueak>>#scrollbarNormalFillStyleFor:
OBCollaboratorsSearchNode>>#setRawQuery:
OBCollaboratorsSearchNode>>#isDescendantOfClass:
OBCmdAddSmartCategory>>#group
OBCmdOpenMC>>#group
OBSmartGroupBrowser>>#isSearchBrowser
OBSmartGroupBrowser>>#cmdRemoveFromSmartGroup
OBSmartGroupBrowser>>#cmdBrowse
OBSmartGroupBrowser>>#cmdRenameSmartCategory
OBSmartGroupBrowser>>#cmdAddToSmartGroup
OBSmartGroupBrowser>>#cmdAddSmartCategory
MethodContext>>#cachesStack
PSMCChangeWrapper>>#isConflict
Notification>>#isResumable
OBCmdViewHistory>>#group
OBMethodInvocationSearchNode>>#setRawQuery:
ColumnMorph>>#preferredCornerStyle
PluggableTreeMorph>>#getMenuSelector:
OBMultipleDefinitionPanel>>#isDefinition
RBProgramNodeVisitor>>#postCopy
StandardWindow>>#preferredCornerStyle
UIThemeVistary>>#scrollbarPressedButtonFillStyleFor:
RefactoryChange>>#initialize
RefactoryChange>>#postCopy
OBCmdResetSearchSmartGroups>>#group
OBCollectionNode>>#isEnvironment
Refactoring>>#initialize
OBCmdSearchGroupImplementors>>#group
BagTest>>#expectedElementByDetect
OBCmdBrowsePackage>>#group
WeakSet>>#size
ExampleBuilderMorph>>#preferredCornerStyle
OBCmdAddWorkingCopy>>#group
OBCmdMethodToExtendClass>>#group
OBCmdSearchGroupSenders>>#group
OBCmdImportPackage>>#group
OBCmdUpdatePackage>>#group
RxmLink>>#initialize
PluggableMultiColumnListMorph>>#highlightSelection
PluggableMultiColumnListMorph>>#unhighlightSelection
PseudoClass>>#isTrait
RxsCharacter>>#isNullable
XMLNode>>#isText
OBCodeNode>>#annotationString
OBCodeNode>>#shouldBeStyledBy:
OBCmdFocusOnClassInHierarchy>>#isActive
RBScanner>>#flush
FT2Face>>#handle
RxsPredicate>>#isAtomic
OBCmdPublishPackage>>#group
RBSmallDictionary>>#size
BorderStyle>>#isComplex
BrowserEnvironment>>#initialize
BrowserEnvironment>>#postCopy
BrowserEnvironment>>#copy
ArrayTest>>#element
HostSystemMenus>>#initialize
RBProgramNode>>#isBlock
RBProgramNode>>#isLiteral
RBProgramNode>>#isArray
UMProtocolVers...

Re: methods equivalently defined in superclass

Gary Chambers-4
DialogWindow>#newText: (trait oddity remnant, removed in next version).
Project>>#windowActiveOnFirstClick (will disappear when Project does,
probably then the whole method should go...)
MCDependentsWrapper>>#item (added by Polymorph in superclass since obviously
useful, MC defines it for same reason but in its own classes, same goes for
all subclass implementors).
UIThemeWatery2>>#controlButtonMouseOverFillStyleFor: (removed in next
version)
UIThemeSoftSqueak>>* (removed in next version)
PSMCChangeWrapper>>#isConflict (amiguous as to whehter MC should define this
in Object so will remain).
PluggableTreeMorph>>#getMenuSelector: (depends on wheteher Polymorph is
present or not, will remain)
StandardWindow>>#preferredCornerStyle (taken via trait, trait has
potentially conflicting usage so will be removed from TEasilyThemed in next
version)
UIThemeVistary>>#scrollbarPressedButtonFillStyleFor: (removed in next
version)
ExampleBuilderMorph>>#preferredCornerStyle (see
StandardWindow>>#preferredCornerStyle comment)

Regards, Gary

> [...]
> PluggableMultiColumnListMorph>>#unhighlightSelection
> PseudoClass>>#isTrait
> RxsCharacter>>#isNullable
> XMLNode>>#isText
> OBCodeNode>>#annotationString
> OBCodeNode>>#shouldBeStyledBy:
> OBCmdFocusOnClassInHierarchy>>#isActive
> RBScanner>>#flush
> FT2Face>>#handle
> RxsPredicate>>#isAtomic
> OBCmdPublishPackage>>#group
> RBSmallDictionary>>#size
> BorderStyle>>#isComplex
> BrowserEnvironment>>#initialize
> BrowserEnvironment>>#postCopy
> BrowserEnvironment>>#copy
> ArrayTest>>#element
> HostSystemMenus>>#initialize
> RBProgramNode>>#isBlock
> RBProgramNode>>#isLiteral
> RBProgramNode>>#isArray
> UMProtocolVers...

Re: methods equivalently defined in superclass

Damien Cassou
On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I imagine that we could fix that too :)

Issue #573

--