minimal pharo image

Annick Fron-3
Hi,

I am looking for a minimal pharo image. Does anyone know how much file space I need for a minimal image with smalltalk servlets and http at least, or even Seaside ?

Annick Fron

Re: minimal pharo image

patmaddox
On Dec 20, 2010, at 3:20 AM, Annick Fron wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a minimal pharo image. Does anyone know how much file space I need for a minimal image with smalltalk servlets and http at least, or even Seaside ?
>
> Annick Fron

I don't know the answer to that.  You can download the PharoCore image from http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download and install the packages you need.

Pat

Re: minimal pharo image

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Annick. You should know also that there is a lot of work arround pharo for having smaller images than Pharo kernel.

The project is known as Seed, and Nicolas (cc'ed) may have someting else to say.

Here I paste some slides: here

cheers

mariano

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Pat Maddox <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Dec 20, 2010, at 3:20 AM, Annick Fron wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a minimal pharo image. Does anyone know how much file space I need for a minimal image with smalltalk servlets and http at least, or even Seaside ?
>
> Annick Fron

I don't know the answer to that.  You can download the PharoCore image from http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download and install the packages you need.

Pat

Re: minimal pharo image

Annick Fron-3
Hi, thank you to all,

I have fever those days, I will have a look in January.

My best wishes for 2011 !

Le 21 déc. 2010 à 23:47, Mariano Martinez Peck a écrit :

Hi Annick. You should know also that there is a lot of work arround pharo for having smaller images than Pharo kernel.

The project is known as Seed, and Nicolas (cc'ed) may have someting else to say.

Here I paste some slides: here

cheers

mariano

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Pat Maddox <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Dec 20, 2010, at 3:20 AM, Annick Fron wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a minimal pharo image. Does anyone know how much file space I need for a minimal image with smalltalk servlets and http at least, or even Seaside ?
>
> Annick Fron

I don't know the answer to that.  You can download the PharoCore image from http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download and install the packages you need.

Pat

Re: minimal pharo image

Adrian Lienhard
Hi Annick,

You may also want to try

        ScriptLoader new cleanUpForProduction; cleanUpForRelease

This shrinks a 1.0/1.1 image to 7MB or less IIRC (don't know the size for the current 1.2).

Cheers,
Adrian