moose 4.1

Tudor Girba
Hello,

We are happy to announce the Moose Suite version 4.1:
http://moosetechnology.org/download

What's new:

        • Significant speed improvements of Mondrian and Glamour
        • Improved Mondrian drawing of complex shapes
        • Improved Glamour engine to handle cyclic updates
        • New user interface look an feel
        • Improved set of Glamour widgets
        • Re-packaging to strengthen the naming convention
        • Re-organization of the code to break unwanted dependencies
        • Cleaning of FAMIX
        • New extensible design of the Moose Finder
        • New PetitParser-based parsers for MSE, Java, and MANIFEST.MF files
        • New browser for meta-models described in MSE files
        • Based on Pharo 1.1

A complete list of issues fixed in this release can be found at:http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/list?can=1&q=status=Fixed%20milestone=4.1

An incomplete set of future actions:

        • Better browsers for various analyses use cases
        • Improved FAMIX query API (MooseChic)
        • Improved Glamour widgets
        • EyeSee engine for drawing charts
        • AST for Java

Have fun,
The Moose Team

Re: moose 4.1

Simon Denier-3

Thanks Doru! Onto the 4.2 :)

On 20 sept. 2010, at 18:14, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are happy to announce the Moose Suite version 4.1:
> http://moosetechnology.org/download
>
> What's new:
>
> • Significant speed improvements of Mondrian and Glamour
> • Improved Mondrian drawing of complex shapes
> • Improved Glamour engine to handle cyclic updates
> • New user interface look an feel
> • Improved set of Glamour widgets
> • Re-packaging to strengthen the naming convention
> • Re-organization of the code to break unwanted dependencies
> • Cleaning of FAMIX
> • New extensible design of the Moose Finder
> • New PetitParser-based parsers for MSE, Java, and MANIFEST.MF files
> • New browser for meta-models described in MSE files
> • Based on Pharo 1.1
>
> A complete list of issues fixed in this release can be found at:http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/list?can=1&q=status=Fixed%20milestone=4.1
>
> An incomplete set of future actions:
>
> • Better browsers for various analyses use cases
> • Improved FAMIX query API (MooseChic)
> • Improved Glamour widgets
> • EyeSee engine for drawing charts
> • AST for Java
>

> Have fun,
> The Moose Team

 Simon

Re: moose 4.1

Tudor Girba
Thanks everyone for all the effort! We can clearly feel the difference.

Doru

On 20 Sep 2010, at 19:44, Simon Denier wrote:

> Thanks Doru! Onto the 4.2 :)
>

> On 20 sept. 2010, at 18:14, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> We are happy to announce the Moose Suite version 4.1:
>> http://moosetechnology.org/download
>>
>> What's new:
>>
>> • Significant speed improvements of Mondrian and Glamour
>> • Improved Mondrian drawing of complex shapes
>> • Improved Glamour engine to handle cyclic updates
>> • New user interface look an feel
>> • Improved set of Glamour widgets
>> • Re-packaging to strengthen the naming convention
>> • Re-organization of the code to break unwanted dependencies
>> • Cleaning of FAMIX
>> • New extensible design of the Moose Finder
>> • New PetitParser-based parsers for MSE, Java, and MANIFEST.MF files
>> • New browser for meta-models described in MSE files
>> • Based on Pharo 1.1
>>
>> A complete list of issues fixed in this release can be found at:http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/list?can=1&q=status=Fixed%20milestone=4.1
>>
>> An incomplete set of future actions:
>>
>> • Better browsers for various analyses use cases
>> • Improved FAMIX query API (MooseChic)
>> • Improved Glamour widgets
>> • EyeSee engine for drawing charts
>> • AST for Java
>>

>> Have fun,
>> The Moose Team

> Simon

www.tudorgirba.com

"From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

Re: [Pharo-users] moose 4.1

cool!

On Sep 20, 2010, at 6:14 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are happy to announce the Moose Suite version 4.1:
> http://moosetechnology.org/download
>
> What's new:
>
> • Significant speed improvements of Mondrian and Glamour
> • Improved Mondrian drawing of complex shapes
> • Improved Glamour engine to handle cyclic updates
> • New user interface look an feel
> • Improved set of Glamour widgets
> • Re-packaging to strengthen the naming convention
> • Re-organization of the code to break unwanted dependencies
> • Cleaning of FAMIX
> • New extensible design of the Moose Finder
> • New PetitParser-based parsers for MSE, Java, and MANIFEST.MF files
> • New browser for meta-models described in MSE files
> • Based on Pharo 1.1
>
> A complete list of issues fixed in this release can be found at:http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/list?can=1&q=status=Fixed%20milestone=4.1
>
> An incomplete set of future actions:
>
> • Better browsers for various analyses use cases
> • Improved FAMIX query API (MooseChic)
> • Improved Glamour widgets
> • EyeSee engine for drawing charts
> • AST for Java
>

> Have fun,
> The Moose Team

Re: moose 4.1

Alexandre Bergel
In case an update is possible, I recommend to use the last version of Mondrian. It includes a long tutorial.

Alexandre

On 20 Sep 2010, at 12:46, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Thanks everyone for all the effort! We can clearly feel the difference.
>
> Doru
>

> On 20 Sep 2010, at 19:44, Simon Denier wrote:
>

>> Thanks Doru! Onto the 4.2 :)
>>

>> On 20 sept. 2010, at 18:14, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> We are happy to announce the Moose Suite version 4.1:
>>> http://moosetechnology.org/download
>>>
>>> What's new:
>>>
>>> • Significant speed improvements of Mondrian and Glamour
>>> • Improved Mondrian drawing of complex shapes
>>> • Improved Glamour engine to handle cyclic updates
>>> • New user interface look an feel
>>> • Improved set of Glamour widgets
>>> • Re-packaging to strengthen the naming convention
>>> • Re-organization of the code to break unwanted dependencies
>>> • Cleaning of FAMIX
>>> • New extensible design of the Moose Finder
>>> • New PetitParser-based parsers for MSE, Java, and MANIFEST.MF files
>>> • New browser for meta-models described in MSE files
>>> • Based on Pharo 1.1
>>>
>>> A complete list of issues fixed in this release can be found at:http://code.google.com/p/moose-technology/issues/list?can=1&q=status=Fixed%20milestone=4.1
>>>
>>> An incomplete set of future actions:
>>>
>>> • Better browsers for various analyses use cases
>>> • Improved FAMIX query API (MooseChic)
>>> • Improved Glamour widgets
>>> • EyeSee engine for drawing charts
>>> • AST for Java
>>>

>>> Have fun,
>>> The Moose Team

>> --
>> Simon

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: moose 4.1

Tudor Girba
Maybe we can do a 4.1.1 a bit later, but otherwise I would leave it for the next release.

Doru

On 22 Sep 2010, at 22:20, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> In case an update is possible, I recommend to use the last version of Mondrian. It includes a long tutorial.
>
> Alexandre
>

> On 20 Sep 2010, at 12:46, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Thanks everyone for all the effort! We can clearly feel the difference.
>>
>> Doru
>>

>> On 20 Sep 2010, at 19:44, Simon Denier wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks Doru! Onto the 4.2 :)

>>> --
>>> Simon

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Some battles are better lost than fought."