moose 5.0 roadmap

12

Re: moose 5.0 roadmap

DiegoLont
Hi all,

Just tested loading Seaside 3.0.8 in Moose. This works fine. It only stops loading once, for the Zinc Server, because some update is done that moves some classes. So, press proceed / load on this warning and it loads fine. So Johan: good work. You can add Moose to the tested list for 3.0.8.

Of course, after loading, you need to start Seaside i.e. by: ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080.

Cheers,
Diego

P.S.: in Moose 4.8 there is a tool called GLMetaceller, that helps viewing your configuration. This tool needed some work. I did some work on this and send this to Doru to test. If others are interested in testing this, please let me know. I will use this new tool to get Seaside 3.1 working, so I expect to make some more updates.

On Apr 15, 2013, at 7:33 PM, Diego Lont wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Yes Johan and me are working on loading seaside30 in Pharo 2.0.
>
> First question:
> What version of Seaside do you want to load? 3.0.8 should load just fine. Johan finished his work on this, and now tests version 3.1.
>
> I myself worked mostly on Seaside 3.1, and will test this in moose. Please let me know if you want this version or the stable version (3.0.8)
>
> Cheers,
> Diego
>
> On Apr 14, 2013, at 7:58 AM, stephane ducasse wrote:
>
>> Yes!
>>
>> Sounds good.
>> You can add Moose as a webService and Moose via a browser because we will work on that and probably release it to the community.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The summary of the talk laying out the Moose 5.0 roadmap can be found at:
>>> http://www.humane-assessment.com/blog/moose-5-0-roadmap
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>>

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "We can create beautiful models in a vacuum.
>>> But, to get them effective we have to deal with the inconvenience of reality."

Re: moose 5.0 roadmap

DiegoLont
Hi all,

I should not do this in the evening: I tested in Moose version 4.7 instead of 4.8. In 4.8 the core loads fine, but then you need to add some more packages, before you can start Seaside on the web. But I guess core will do for your question.

Note you have to load using:
ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project load: '3.0.8'

Diego

On Apr 15, 2013, at 8:03 PM, Diego Lont wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just tested loading Seaside 3.0.8 in Moose. This works fine. It only stops loading once, for the Zinc Server, because some update is done that moves some classes. So, press proceed / load on this warning and it loads fine. So Johan: good work. You can add Moose to the tested list for 3.0.8.

> Of course, after loading, you need to start Seaside i.e. by: ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080.
>
> Cheers,
> Diego
>
> P.S.: in Moose 4.8 there is a tool called GLMetaceller, that helps viewing your configuration. This tool needed some work. I did some work on this and send this to Doru to test. If others are interested in testing this, please let me know. I will use this new tool to get Seaside 3.1 working, so I expect to make some more updates.
>
> On Apr 15, 2013, at 7:33 PM, Diego Lont wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Yes Johan and me are working on loading seaside30 in Pharo 2.0.
>>
>> First question:
>> What version of Seaside do you want to load? 3.0.8 should load just fine. Johan finished his work on this, and now tests version 3.1.
>>
>> I myself worked mostly on Seaside 3.1, and will test this in moose. Please let me know if you want this version or the stable version (3.0.8)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Diego
>>
>> On Apr 14, 2013, at 7:58 AM, stephane ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> Yes!
>>>
>>> Sounds good.
>>> You can add Moose as a webService and Moose via a browser because we will work on that and probably release it to the community.
>>>
>>> Stef

Re: moose 5.0 roadmap

Tudor Girba-2
Indeed, I am waiting eagerly for that :)

Doru

On Apr 15, 2013, at 6:25 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> if you wait a couple of days, I've seen in the seaside list that johan and others are finishing to polish a configuration of seaside that loads in 2.0 :)
>
> On Apr 15, 2013, at 6:22 PM, Andrei Vasile Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Aha. So that's the problem :)
>>
>> Andrei
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 5:09 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> If you tell me how to load Seaside in 2.0 I would gladly add the job :)
>>
>> Doru
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Andrei Vasile Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I saw there isn't a jenkins job for Glamour on Seaside.
>> Can we add it back?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrei
>>

>> On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 10:57 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> What do you mean by slicker? Just the look, or the browser behavior?
>>
>> I think it would be great to get more traction on Glamour on Seaside.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru

>> > Yes but we probably need something slicker or at least we should revisit it.

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every thing has its own flow"

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow."

Re: moose 5.0 roadmap

SergeStinckwich
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 3:39 AM, stephane ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Apr 14, 2013, at 8:01 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hum interesting ... I have a student working on something similar.
>
> so what does he is doing?

Actually this is a girl. She start to work a specific Seaside app for
visualizing epidemiological models, but maybe
doing more generic is the way to go.

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: moose 5.0 roadmap

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Diego,

Thanks for looking into this.

We need to get Seaside on the web in order to play with ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside. Would it be possible for you to try this project?

Gofer new
        smalltalkhubUser: 'Moose' project: 'Glamour';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside';
        load.

ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside loadDevelopment

I added Seaside 3.0.8 as prerequisite. It loaded in a Moose 4.8 image but with some unloadable classes warnings. However, I do not know how to start the server with the Zinc adapter.

It would be so great to not lose this project along the way.

Cheers,
Doru

On Apr 15, 2013, at 8:46 PM, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I should not do this in the evening: I tested in Moose version 4.7 instead of 4.8. In 4.8 the core loads fine, but then you need to add some more packages, before you can start Seaside on the web. But I guess core will do for your question.
>
> Note you have to load using:
> ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project load: '3.0.8'

> Diego
>
> On Apr 15, 2013, at 8:03 PM, Diego Lont wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just tested loading Seaside 3.0.8 in Moose. This works fine. It only stops loading once, for the Zinc Server, because some update is done that moves some classes. So, press proceed / load on this warning and it loads fine. So Johan: good work. You can add Moose to the tested list for 3.0.8.

>> Of course, after loading, you need to start Seaside i.e. by: ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: 8080.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Diego
>>
>> P.S.: in Moose 4.8 there is a tool called GLMetaceller, that helps viewing your configuration. This tool needed some work. I did some work on this and send this to Doru to test. If others are interested in testing this, please let me know. I will use this new tool to get Seaside 3.1 working, so I expect to make some more updates.
>>
>> On Apr 15, 2013, at 7:33 PM, Diego Lont wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Yes Johan and me are working on loading seaside30 in Pharo 2.0.
>>>
>>> First question:
>>> What version of Seaside do you want to load? 3.0.8 should load just fine. Johan finished his work on this, and now tests version 3.1.
>>>
>>> I myself worked mostly on Seaside 3.1, and will test this in moose. Please let me know if you want this version or the stable version (3.0.8)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Diego

www.tudorgirba.com

"If you can't say why something is relevant,
it probably isn't."

Re: moose 5.0 roadmap

Tudor Girba-2
Sounds good.

I strongly suggest her to look at GlamourSeaside.

We need help on this front. Ideally, we should integrate Roassal based on Amber in it. That would probably serve your purpose well.

Cheers,
Doru

On Apr 16, 2013, at 6:25 AM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 3:39 AM, stephane ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 14, 2013, at 8:01 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hum interesting ... I have a student working on something similar.
>>
>> so what does he is doing?
>
> Actually this is a girl. She start to work a specific Seaside app for
> visualizing epidemiological models, but maybe
> doing more generic is the way to go.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

www.tudorgirba.com

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

Re: moose 5.0 roadmap

SergeStinckwich
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sounds good.
>
> I strongly suggest her to look at GlamourSeaside.

Ok, thank you for the advice Doru. I will have a look.
Normally I should discuss with her this week in Ha Noi.

> We need help on this front. Ideally, we should integrate Roassal based on Amber in it. That would probably serve your purpose well.

Yes I think so. How can we concretely help here ?
I'm also interested to be able to draw time series on a web browser.
We are using EyeSee at the moment.

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: moose 5.0 roadmap

Tudor Girba-2
I believe it would make sense for you to use Glamour in order to build more complex browsers. You are already using Roassal and EyeSee, and both of these integrate well in Glamour.

Once you are using Glamour, the idea is to be able to display a Glamour browser on the web exactly in the same way (ok, with some exceptions) it behaves on the desktop.

To get you started, you can browse:
GLMBasicExamples open

Cheers,
Doru