moose 5 plan

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

It is time to set the goals for the next couple of releases.

I would like to release a Moose 5.0 together with Pharo 3.0, and release another 5.1 a couple of months later.

This spring, I laid out the following roadmap:

A couple of the targets have already been matched:
- we have already removed Mondrian
- Roassal works with Athens in the Moose image

Next would be to completely replace EyeSee with Graph-ET. Daniel, are you still around? Otherwise, is anyone interested in participating in this project?

I know that Jan is working on islands in PetitParser and he promised to release his code sometime soon :).

Is anyone interested in the Fame+Traits project?

How about continuing the Moose on web one?

Other than that, I am now interested in rethinking the user interface almost from the ground up. This project would work hand-in-hand with the Glamorous Toolkit project. However, I need help. Specifically, I would need people that are interested in building widgets in Morphic. Any takers?

Do you have other interests and plans?

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: moose 5 plan

Uko2

On 11 Nov 2013, at 22:45, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

How about integrating at least some part of FAST into Moose?

uko

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: moose 5 plan

Usman Bhatti

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

It is time to set the goals for the next couple of releases.

I would like to release a Moose 5.0 together with Pharo 3.0, and release another 5.1 a couple of months later.

This spring, I laid out the following roadmap:

A couple of the targets have already been matched:
- we have already removed Mondrian
- Roassal works with Athens in the Moose image

Next would be to completely replace EyeSee with Graph-ET. Daniel, are you still around?

I did a bit of evaluation of Graph-ET. So, my assessment is that it'll take some more effort until Graph-ET can completely replace EyeSee:
- some missing charts (Pie, Kiviat, etc.)
- customizing axes ticks
- some issues (I'll try open the issues if the project is taken up by someone).

Otherwise, is anyone interested in participating in this project?

I know that Jan is working on islands in PetitParser and he promised to release his code sometime soon :).

Is anyone interested in the Fame+Traits project?

How about continuing the Moose on web one?

The REST-API is developed and if there are missing features, those can be added. We'll keep progressing on it adapting to the needs. So, you can do a code review and tell us if it can be added in the Moose image.

Other than that, I am now interested in rethinking the user interface almost from the ground up. This project would work hand-in-hand with the Glamorous Toolkit project. However, I need help. Specifically, I would need people that are interested in building widgets in Morphic. Any takers?

Do you have other interests and plans?

- Interactive visualizations with Seaside and Roassal.

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: moose 5 plan

Nicolas Anquetil

We will hve somebody working on Moose-on-web soon (dec.)

I am also interested in the trait in Fame project (see other email)

FAST is another one on the list of todo things.
I tested locally an approach slightly different that the current one and now it needs to be made real

Meanwhile, Benjamin Arezki finished the Petit-Java parser, so this should be integrated into FAST

nicolas

On 11/11/2013 11:02 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
[...]

Nicolas Anquetil -- RMod research team (Inria)

Re: moose 5 plan

Stephan Eggermont-3
We hope to finish PetitDelphi soon.
Not having a language specification doesn’t help with
estimation.

>> Is anyone interested in the Fame+Traits project?

We will at least take another look at memory consumption
of FAMIX models.

I’d like building some morphic widgets, but want to prioritize
PetitDelphi.

Stephan

Re: moose 5 plan

abergel
Thanks for rising up this discussion.

We plan to organize a Moose sprint next week. It would be great to have a list of tasks to do. Expanding GraphET looks something we can get satisfactory results.

Daniel is a bit swamped now by his lectures, unfortunately.

We are pushing very hard to putting our visualization on the web. We have two engineers working on this. Soon we release some demos. Maybe this is something that can be part of Moose 5.0 (no idea how however :-)

We will also work on Roassal 2d, with new kind of visualizations, builder, animations.
Roassal 3d is on his way.

It would be great if you have particular needs for Roassal, say it on the mailing list, or add them on the Moose google project.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On Nov 11, 2013, at 6:45 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is time to set the goals for the next couple of releases.
>
> I would like to release a Moose 5.0 together with Pharo 3.0, and release another 5.1 a couple of months later.
>
> This spring, I laid out the following roadmap:
> http://www.humane-assessment.com/blog/moose-5-0-roadmap
>
> A couple of the targets have already been matched:
> - we have already removed Mondrian
> - Roassal works with Athens in the Moose image
>
> Next would be to completely replace EyeSee with Graph-ET. Daniel, are you still around? Otherwise, is anyone interested in participating in this project?
>
> I know that Jan is working on islands in PetitParser and he promised to release his code sometime soon :).
>
> Is anyone interested in the Fame+Traits project?
>
> How about continuing the Moose on web one?
>
> Other than that, I am now interested in rethinking the user interface almost from the ground up. This project would work hand-in-hand with the Glamorous Toolkit project. However, I need help. Specifically, I would need people that are interested in building widgets in Morphic. Any takers?
>
> Do you have other interests and plans?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: moose 5 plan

> - some issues (I'll try open the issues if the project is taken up by someone).

write them else how people can know.