moose and json

Sebastian Heidbrink-2
Hi,

I man ot sure if this is the right lists to ask such question please let
me know if there is a better one.

I am currently working my self through the moose book and Glamour chapter.

I have a REST interface here that I would like to test and analyze via
Moose.
I have a json specification of all the apis available.

So using a JSON parser in Pharo creates a Array/Dictionary based model
representation.

I wonder how you go from there? Do you implement the whole data model in
Pharo to have a nice NeoJSON support? Is there already a package that
genreates Smaltlak classes from Dictionaries?
Is there a tool the create MSE files from JSON?
Or are you just working with these Array/Dictionary structures?

I currently just try to learn to use the Glamour Editor and try to
represent the API in a useful way.

Any hint, link or advice is very welcome
Thanks
Sebastian

Re: moose and json

Nicolas Anquetil

you make have a look at the JSDataLoader class in

MCHttpRepository
     location: 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/LeonardoHumberto/JSClasses/main'
     user: ''
     password: ''

look at the methods in the visiting protocol

They are used to visit a JSON data structure.

This is a work by Leornardo (PhD student from Minas Gerais Brasil) and
myself

nicolas

On 05/02/2015 20:41, Sebastian Heidbrink wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I man ot sure if this is the right lists to ask such question please
> let me know if there is a better one.
>
> I am currently working my self through the moose book and Glamour
> chapter.
>
> I have a REST interface here that I would like to test and analyze via
> Moose.
> I have a json specification of all the apis available.
>
> So using a JSON parser in Pharo creates a Array/Dictionary based model
> representation.
>
> I wonder how you go from there? Do you implement the whole data model
> in Pharo to have a nice NeoJSON support? Is there already a package
> that genreates Smaltlak classes from Dictionaries?
> Is there a tool the create MSE files from JSON?
> Or are you just working with these Array/Dictionary structures?
>
> I currently just try to learn to use the Glamour Editor and try to
> represent the API in a useful way.
>
> Any hint, link or advice is very welcome
> Thanks
> Sebastian

Re: moose and json

Sebastian Heidbrink-2
Thank you Nicholas,

I guess your project creates from JS sources a MSE compliant JSON file
that you import with your loader, don't you?

This is not exactly what I need but the concept is indeed a great base
for my problem.

Thanks
Sebastian

On 2015-02-06 1:13 AM, Nicolas Anquetil wrote:

> you make have a look at the JSDataLoader class in
>
> MCHttpRepository
>     location:
> 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/LeonardoHumberto/JSClasses/main'
>     user: ''
>     password: ''
>

> look at the methods in the visiting protocol
>
> They are used to visit a JSON data structure.
>
> This is a work by Leornardo (PhD student from Minas Gerais Brasil) and
> myself
>
> nicolas
>
> On 05/02/2015 20:41, Sebastian Heidbrink wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I man ot sure if this is the right lists to ask such question please
>> let me know if there is a better one.
>>
>> I am currently working my self through the moose book and Glamour
>> chapter.
>>
>> I have a REST interface here that I would like to test and analyze
>> via Moose.
>> I have a json specification of all the apis available.
>>
>> So using a JSON parser in Pharo creates a Array/Dictionary based
>> model representation.
>>
>> I wonder how you go from there? Do you implement the whole data model
>> in Pharo to have a nice NeoJSON support? Is there already a package
>> that genreates Smaltlak classes from Dictionaries?
>> Is there a tool the create MSE files from JSON?
>> Or are you just working with these Array/Dictionary structures?
>>
>> I currently just try to learn to use the Glamour Editor and try to
>> represent the API in a useful way.
>>
>> Any hint, link or advice is very welcome
>> Thanks
>> Sebastian

Re: moose and json

abergel
Hi Sebastian!

Nice to see you around!
Usually, I create my own object model, which I instantiate using the dictionaries obtained by parsing Json. You can generate your model with a description in fame. However, I have not seen any major win here. I usually create my model by hand.

Cheers
Alexandre

> Le 5 févr. 2015 à 16:41, Sebastian Heidbrink <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I man ot sure if this is the right lists to ask such question please let me know if there is a better one.
>
> I am currently working my self through the moose book and Glamour chapter.
>
> I have a REST interface here that I would like to test and analyze via Moose.
> I have a json specification of all the apis available.
>
> So using a JSON parser in Pharo creates a Array/Dictionary based model representation.
>
> I wonder how you go from there? Do you implement the whole data model in Pharo to have a nice NeoJSON support? Is there already a package that genreates Smaltlak classes from Dictionaries?
> Is there a tool the create MSE files from JSON?
> Or are you just working with these Array/Dictionary structures?
>
> I currently just try to learn to use the Glamour Editor and try to represent the API in a useful way.
>
> Any hint, link or advice is very welcome
> Thanks
> Sebastian

Re: moose and json

Sebastian Heidbrink-2
Hi Alexandre,

thank you for the warm welcome!

That is exactly what I did for now. I just expect quite a lot of work
once you run into bigger json structures.
Since it is most of the time just Arrays and Dictionaries, I wondered if
there isn't a CodeWriter for this available, yet.

Sebastian

On 2015-02-08 6:14 AM, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Hi Sebastian!
>
> Nice to see you around!
> Usually, I create my own object model, which I instantiate using the dictionaries obtained by parsing Json. You can generate your model with a description in fame. However, I have not seen any major win here. I usually create my model by hand.
>
> Cheers
> Alexandre
>

>> Le 5 févr. 2015 à 16:41, Sebastian Heidbrink <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I man ot sure if this is the right lists to ask such question please let me know if there is a better one.
>>
>> I am currently working my self through the moose book and Glamour chapter.
>>
>> I have a REST interface here that I would like to test and analyze via Moose.
>> I have a json specification of all the apis available.
>>
>> So using a JSON parser in Pharo creates a Array/Dictionary based model representation.
>>
>> I wonder how you go from there? Do you implement the whole data model in Pharo to have a nice NeoJSON support? Is there already a package that genreates Smaltlak classes from Dictionaries?
>> Is there a tool the create MSE files from JSON?
>> Or are you just working with these Array/Dictionary structures?
>>
>> I currently just try to learn to use the Glamour Editor and try to represent the API in a useful way.
>>
>> Any hint, link or advice is very welcome
>> Thanks
>> Sebastian

Re: moose and json

Nicolas Anquetil

sorry for the delay
I think somehow, I am now registeredto receive a digest of the list
every friday instead of day to day.

So, we parse JS with Esprima (http://esprima.org/) which is a generic parser
It exports JSON
We visit the JSON AST to build some custom made Famix entities (I
beleive the metamodel is available on smalltalkhub)

nicolas

On 07/02/2015 07:34, Sebastian Heidbrink wrote:

> Thank you Nicholas,
>
> I guess your project creates from JS sources a MSE compliant JSON file
> that you import with your loader, don't you?
>
> This is not exactly what I need but the concept is indeed a great base
> for my problem.
>
> Thanks
> Sebastian
>
> On 2015-02-06 1:13 AM, Nicolas Anquetil wrote:
>>
>> you make have a look at the JSDataLoader class in
>>
>> MCHttpRepository
>>     location:
>> 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/LeonardoHumberto/JSClasses/main'
>>     user: ''
>>     password: ''
>>

>> look at the methods in the visiting protocol
>>
>> They are used to visit a JSON data structure.
>>
>> This is a work by Leornardo (PhD student from Minas Gerais Brasil)
>> and myself
>>
>> nicolas
>>
>> On 05/02/2015 20:41, Sebastian Heidbrink wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I man ot sure if this is the right lists to ask such question please
>>> let me know if there is a better one.
>>>
>>> I am currently working my self through the moose book and Glamour
>>> chapter.
>>>
>>> I have a REST interface here that I would like to test and analyze
>>> via Moose.
>>> I have a json specification of all the apis available.
>>>
>>> So using a JSON parser in Pharo creates a Array/Dictionary based
>>> model representation.
>>>
>>> I wonder how you go from there? Do you implement the whole data
>>> model in Pharo to have a nice NeoJSON support? Is there already a
>>> package that genreates Smaltlak classes from Dictionaries?
>>> Is there a tool the create MSE files from JSON?
>>> Or are you just working with these Array/Dictionary structures?
>>>
>>> I currently just try to learn to use the Glamour Editor and try to
>>> represent the API in a useful way.
>>>
>>> Any hint, link or advice is very welcome
>>> Thanks
>>> Sebastian